Well thanks for all your input... all very valid!
I roughed up the glass a bit and went through one spray can of white. It is going to take quite a few coats to be opaque. I have a bunch of black tint I was going to use on the old bus but I think white would absorb less radiant energy. right? And, steering clear of tint should allow more light in the winter to enter (heat/radiant energy and less power usage for lighting during the short days), and use curtains in the summer for additional blockage of the sun during long days. right? [my curtain material is really nice: pleated soft-dark blue rayon face and backed with a heavy white interfacing. I think it will work nicely for a blackout effect and resist collecting dust]
I would love to skin some windows and acquire less drafty RV windows but...
Well, you can have TWO of the three:
1.) you can do it right
2.) you can do it quickly
3.) you can do it inexpensively
[cannot have all three]
I do try to do things right, but don't always have the cash (have to improvise or settle). I also want to get it on the road in a reasonable amount of time. So, the windows got spray paint (settle). I have a feeling you are right; the "white" will not match perfectly but I have a suspicion the windows being white will appear more homogenous than my original idea of black tint (I never thought about the mirrored stuff), giving the illusion of skinned windows? (improvise). If there are any other ideas out there let me know.... but I got impatient and started in on the spray paint like I said
Same reasoning to the original metal going back on the ceiling but with the addition of wood. I hope, once it is all trimmed out and stained up with a clear-coat, it will appear cabin-like with half the materials cost (already have clear-coat stuff).
You can see one half of the second to last window I did many coats. It looks okay, but if you look in the sun and closely at the glass you can see were I roughed it up a bit. Roughing up the windows was a last thought and I just grabbed a grinding wheel laying around (not on the grinder) and went back and forth on the glass.
Also, primed the floor and started with the overhead cabinets. [I left a flying buttress by the stove to cut later for a shelf maybe, might look funny]
Started on the sink side counter top and waterless toilet with urine diverted. I messed up on of the buckets AND the funnel in fabrication. But i think I can nail it next time around. Buckets are less than $3 at slowes right now.. [I never fully mounted the rear bed supports, so you can see I pulled one. might look funny if ya didn't know]
If this is all wordy and unorganized I blame my 8am soil science exam today. So glad it's the weekend.