Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-29-2014, 04:47 PM   #41
Mini-Skoolie

Year: 1999
Coachwork: Bluebird
Chassis: 3800
Engine: IH DT466e
Rated Cap: 65
Re: Project Atlas - my first skoolie renovation

Table for the dining / lounge area:

Here's a shot of the Plumbing passing through the bathroom. I'm going to build a nice wooden cover so it wont be so unsightly.

I've got my first trip in the bus scheduled to Taos in July, so i'm really making the final push to get everything as close to finished as possible before the trip. I'm hoping to have a sanding & painting party in the next few weeks to prep all the wood surfaces and get them in a finished state. More to come, thanks for looking.
Attached Thumbnails
Tables and benches 2.JPG   Plumbing.JPG  

Old 05-29-2014, 07:04 PM   #42
Bus Nut

Year: 1988
Coachwork: Crown
Chassis: Supercoach
Engine: DD6-71T
Rated Cap: 78

Great progress on the conversion!!! We are trying to get our bus conversion finished for a trip to Idaho in late June. I don't think we are going to make it, but we are trying. Have fun in Taos.

Danville, California
https://www.transtraks.com
gmarvel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 10:41 AM   #43
Mini-Skoolie

Year: 1999
Coachwork: Bluebird
Chassis: 3800
Engine: IH DT466e
Rated Cap: 65

As promised, some pics of the turn-buckle system i used to fasten the black/gray tank to the underbody of the bus:

With the addition of the steel bracing across the bottom of the tank, i feel VERY confident that the tank is secure. I left the ratcheting straps in place as an extra layer of security, and if i ever end up needed some straps for another purpose - they'll be handy!

I also added a small 4ft "lounge bench", as i like to call it, up front behind the drivers seat. I am planning on making some sliding doors to cover the storage area under the bench.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_0267.JPG   IMG_0265.JPG   IMG_0258.JPG