Its a 14,000 BTU A/C... supposed to do up to 800 sq feet but it doesn't considering the bus is somewhere around 400 and we still needed the bedroom A/C
Friday i spent doing all the lighting in the front. Put all the under upper storage lights on a switch so its easy to turn on when entering the bus.
Moved the PS3 just outside the cabinet so its got more airflow to keep cool and it helps with the wifi signal too
Here is the bedroom A/C unit. Still not 100% happy with it outside but inside it functions extremely well. The bedroom gets 10X colder than the front area with the larger one. I have to build some outside brackets and so forth before i drive with it in but i will do that once it cools down outside because its extremely humid outside.
And freezing cold water to help with the swelling... the pain meds help eliminate the back pain but this is a side effect. Swelling legs and feet but feels so good afterwards.
wow lots getting done, when I put my rear a/c in I used 1 and 2 inch L brackets to mount it, I used sheet metal screws right into the a/c metal outer case and into the bus wall both in the front and back, just make sure not to hit anything inside the a/c. it hasn't moved in over 13000kms. I do have to replace it with a new one its not cooling like it used too, it was a used unit when I bought it, so I cant complain
Just remembered seeing a nifty window unit installation years ago. Guy cut the hole in the rear like yours, but had a hatch cover. The A/C was mounted on welded frame with a pair of sliders so that it was tucked completely inside the bus when going down the road. The hatch cover was oversized, hinged across the top and acted as a rain cover when the unit was extended. Not sure how it was sealed around the unit when opened as I never got a look inside.
A word of caution when welding steel drums end to end. They're formed just like a tin can with the top rolled over the sides. Only on these, they have a seal gasket sandwiched between the two parts to make them water tight. I welded 5 together once for a biodigester project years ago and discovered that welding the ends together melted the seal and I had leaks. If you can find a way to seal them from the inside (maybe do another pass from inside) you might be able to seal that up. It would be a bummer if you had leaks around your tank.
I am an sojourner in the earth; hide not Your Commandments from me. Psalm 119:19
Here is the patience of the saints; here are the ones keeping the commandments of YAHWEH, and the faith of Yahshua. Rev. 14:12
My drums didn't have a seal on the actual drum, it was on the lid on these ones. I did a small inner pass and then a larger one to completely fill the gap. I will run a good bead inside the tank of JB or epoxy. My friend makes custom choppers and he build tanks all the time and is getting me some tank sealer to roll around inside to seal it up. I will also pre test the tanks to make sure no leaks in it prior to capping them as well. Thanks for the advice.
I did get a $h1T pile of work done today and moving onto pluming tomorrow hopefully. Then it will be back to repainting the bus... Such a pain but has to be done.
anyway here is my work from today:
New Fridge area:
So tired and hot! was glad to sit down and soak my feet in freezing water.
I wish I could use it... soon!!! I have been out there every free moment I have.
Been working on the bathroom and the closet and back area. I put the rear vent for the tanks in as well.
I tried to do it like an instruction on doing compression ceiling mount for the vent tube if anyone else needs to do this.
Compression roof fitting for vent stack:
Cut hole through the roof, I used an 1" 1/2 hole saw i believe. Maybe it was 1" 3/4.. the markings are wore off of the saw. The inside I cut bigger so that bigger lower section could spin freely. Tighten by holding inside and outside. This alone should create a pretty water tight seal and prevent the tube from moving around.
Apply ABS glue and slide vent cap. May vary a bit depending on what cap you use. I got this one at the RV place. It fits over standard abs.
Just to be sure i then siliconed it and also the siliconed the cover for it. Don't mind my spotty dirty roof! It's getting stripped and repainted in the next few weeks.
Now onto the inside:
I ran it outside under the bus an extra few feet so i have lots to work with once i go to install the tanks.
Bathroom, Bench, Closet area and rear LED's
We decided we are going to make the access to the closet through the back side so it faces the bed. That was we can just use a nice curtain and you can't see it from the main living area.
Well that's it for now!!! going to do sink, toilet, tub and some more wainscoting.