Last spring I did get my bus converted almost to my goals. Sadly the trip we were building it for got shortened on both ends due to family illness. I thought I would share little of what we did and of the trip.
All the seats came out I did what I could with wrenches then went to cutting wheels on the grinder. The seats went into a pile and I threw out the gum and snuff cans.
I went through as sealed all the holes, for this project the floor is remaining as is.
The rear became the master bed. I framed in a platform and we slept on a queen size airmatress. It was quite comfortable and puts away nicely for unobstructed sight lines so that I did not need to drive mirrors only.
To put that in I had to delete the rear heater. Getting the barbed pipes out of the coolant lines was quite a chore tha involve a couple big screwdrivers and lots of patience. I cleaned up all the blood I got on the sheet metal and I am sure the coolant sterilized the wounds. I soldered up a U and clamped that in so that I could revisit the heater if I wanted to.