Old 01-26-2010, 10:23 PM   #91
Bus Nut

Re: RazorCityDen's 1994 Cornbinder

Yankee; it's sucking air from somewhere and letting the fuel siphon back to the tank, look real close at the fuel lines from the lift pump to the injector pump, It's not unherd of for someone to have left a bracket off of a line or otherwise damaged a line and a hairline crack has developed right at one of the fittings.
Experience sys that usually you will find a cracked line at the fitting on the filter/primer assembly, then look for fittings that have had the thread sealant disturbed and then finally replace the flexable hoses on the supply lines.
paul iossi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 10:30 PM   #92
Bus Nut

Year: 1984
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: Safe T Liner
Engine: 3208 turbo
Rated Cap: 84

I need a pit.
yankeflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 10:44 PM   #93
Bus Crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel Dan
How will you seal the open ends of the rub rail where it got cut? Lots of people have to cut through the rails, but I haven't seen any discussion of how they sealed them up afterwards.
One idea might be to take the end pieces with the bevels completely off, and then use those pieces plus shorten the rub rails in order to have factory ends in front of the opening. If you don't have enough rail ends to blend in all your cuts, maybe you could find a skoolie graveyard with some salvageable rails.
Someone said "Making good decisions comes from experience, experience comes from bad decisions." I say there are three kinds of people: those who learn from their mistakes, those who learn from the mistakes of others, and those who never learn.
Redbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 12:14 AM   #94
Skoolie

Year: 90
Coachwork: blue bird
Chassis: International
Engine: Navistar Straight 6 Turbo
Rated Cap: 65

I wouldn't use OSB for flooring unless you get the kind designed for that purpose. it is thicker and is tongue and groove. I started to use the cheap stuff and three weeks later it was swelling and warping at the joints. I have a lot of moisture in the air, ( pacific northwest) and am told that is the reason it moved around on me. Home depo said to use the stuff designed for that purpose and haven't had a repeat of the issue. glad it happened before i built anything on top.
in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." Mark Twain
newbusser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 06:54 AM   #95
Skoolie

Year: 1994
Coachwork: Bluebird
Engine: DT360
Rated Cap: 54

Quote:
I wouldn't use OSB for flooring unless you get the kind designed for that purpose. it is thicker and is tongue and groove.
The 3/4" OSB decking is all I would consider for the floor as well, it's tongue and grove, treated for moisture resistance and designed for a sub-floor application, the other OSB products are designed for wall sheathing or roof decking.

If I were running in new plywood, I would use green treated, the factory plywood in my bus was of a treated variety and it's still looks great though and though, but the mountain west in dry, there's no salt used and I think my bus lived a charmed life.

Take care,
Den
Old 01-27-2010, 07:04 AM   #96
Skoolie

Year: 1994
Coachwork: Bluebird
Engine: DT360
Rated Cap: 54

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redbear
One idea might be to take the end pieces with the bevels completely off, and then use those pieces plus shorten the rub rails in order to have factory ends in front of the opening. If you don't have enough rail ends to blend in all your cuts, maybe you could find a skoolie graveyard with some salvageable rails.
I considered that too and may do it. I'm focused on the interior right now, I'm trying to get it done before spring and when it warms up I'm going to start in on the exterior. I should at least get some primer and paint those raw ends though.

Take care,
Den
Old 05-11-2011, 11:16 PM   #97
Mini-Skoolie

Year: 1996
Coachwork: Ford B-series AmTran
Engine: Cummins 5.9 L
Rated Cap: 65

updates?
headin2MT is offline   Reply With Quote