Year: 1994
Coachwork: Bluebird
Chassis: International
Engine: DT360
Rated Cap: 54
Re: RazorCityDen's 1994 Cornbinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smitty
No I wasn't saying it looked crooked/out of square. When I removed my bi-fold & all the associated trim, the opening (towards the bottom IIRC) wasn't square. Just wondered if yours was as well. Just curious.

Smitty
No prob, I understand. I never did checked the opening down at the bottom of the stairwell since I planned on hacking it off at first opportunity from the beginning. I thought you were referring to what I would call the window post that the passenger side slider butts up to.

I did use some of the trim I took off the bi-fold to trim out that passenger window though. When it warms up again and I'm prepping for paint I may trim that window out a little different, it's adequate but could be done a little different. Too damm cold now!

Take care,
Den
Old 01-08-2010, 11:41 PM   #72
Bus Nut

Year: 89
Coachwork: thomas
Engine: 7.3 diesel

would like to see a pic of the back inside of the bus please, curious how you finished it up. tks putter
Old 01-10-2010, 07:26 PM   #73
Skoolie

Quote:
Originally Posted by putterspitt
would like to see a pic of the back inside of the bus please, curious how you finished it up. tks putter
There's some pictures of the framing on page 2.

It looks pretty much the same now except it's all sheeted and the decking is down for the full size mattress. The picture though the emergency door facing the front shows the two closets that divide the stateroom from the rest of the bus. The wider closet shares the wall with the head and the narrower wall shares the wall with the wood stove platform.

The head of the bed will have a head board of paneling that divides it from the emergency exit so that the interior of the bus is sealed when the emergency door is used to access the water tanks and other mechanicals under the back half of the bed frame. There will also be room under the back half of the bed frame for tools, tire chains etc. The picture from the front towards the rear of the bus show the cabinet framing built on each side of the bed and over the top of it. There will be a mix of drawers, doors and shelves with an open cubby hole on both sides of the bed near the head board for a "night stand".

The front half of the bed cabinet will be for static storage.

Take care,
Den
Old 01-11-2010, 09:42 PM   #74
Skoolie

Continued with the chassis electrical work this week end.

I got the control panel squared away, removing all the extra switches, wires and the upper flasher components. It was a rat's nest at first but I just started with the switches and related wiring for the dome lights, then the old rear heater related parts and finally the flasher controls. I also removed the factory cassette player. Now the only thing in the original panel are the switches for the front heaters, fan's, defrosters, marker lights and the wipers. I'm going to move these switches to a smaller control panel. I also removed the rear emergency door lock, alarm and related wiring and then pulled the heater out, cleaned it and got the hoses squared away. It was a long messy day.

What I've got in mind up front is to build a box that covers the heater on the drivers side (with a register for the heat discharge) and a matching box for the passenger side and then covering the sides of these boxes with automotive carpet. The tops will be stained wood and have a rim around them to provide a place to set things next to each seat like the drivers side is now, they will also taper away from the seats the same way the drivers side does. I'm also contemplating building a box around the trans tunnel with drink holders and storage between the seats and cover the the sides of it with automotive carpet. These boxes are going to be attached to the floor with steel angle brackets so they can be removed . Not such a big deal for the passenger side, but someday I may need to get to the heater on the drivers side.

That was on Saturday.

Sunday I scrapped out the bus (it was a mess from the electrical butchery and the saw dust spread around to catch the anti-freeze) then I pulled wire for the TV/DVD player, put the bulkhead over the wind shield back in place and then covered it with 3/4" plywood. I was originally going to frame it out a few inches and recess the TV but decided not too, with cabinets on both sides above the passenger and drivers windows take up 12" on either side and the TV will be around 24" wide, there wasn't much space up there left. I might put something up there like a wall mounted file holder (the black metal basket style) to hold registration, proof of insurance, maps etc. The plywood is going to get paneled with the same paneling as the rest of the bus.
Once I got this done I drilled holes in the metal ceiling installed a rubber grommet in each and then pulled wire for lights though out the bus. I haven't decided on the exact converter/charger power distribution unit yet but I'm going to get it figured out this week (hopefully) and get it ordered. Right now I'm just running the wires into the area it's going to mount and labeling the wires.

This weekend I'm going to continue with getting the rest of the drivers area carpentry squared away so it's finished.

I took a few pics but haven't loaded them on the computer yet to post.

Details, details

Take care
Den,
Old 01-13-2010, 12:21 PM   #75
Bus Crazy

Year: 1976
Coachwork: Crown
Chassis: Supercoach
Engine: Detroit 6-71 Mid-Ship Mounted
Rated Cap: 79 at Birth

Your bus look great and your craftsmanship on the door relocation and interior looks so well done...quite impressive
Old 01-20-2010, 11:50 AM   #76
Skoolie

Year: 90
Coachwork: blue bird
Engine: Navistar Straight 6 Turbo
Rated Cap: 65

Thats it!
As soon as weather starts to clear up a bit, i'm movin my door

I want to put it right behind my front wheel, so up front will be just me and the old girl that is putting up with this huge bus in the yard.

A few people at work I have talked to think i am nuts, but they just don't know.

Thanks for all the great pics Dan and Rick! You guys are an inspiration.
in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." Mark Twain
newbusser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 05:13 PM   #77
Skoolie

Some pictures of the propane locker from the inside. The propane locker will get 1 1/2" insulation on the other side inside the 2"X2" framing and then covered with galvanized tin and sealed well. I'm going to drill four 2" holes in the locker though the floor (covered with screen) to vent any stray propane out of the locker, the cylinders will only be assessable though the outside propane locker door I took off the doner RV . I should have my water heater early this week and then I'll plumb in my gas lines.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0647.JPG (193.3 KB, 628 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0643.JPG (155.9 KB, 627 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0641.JPG (169.7 KB, 627 views)
Old 01-24-2010, 06:13 PM   #78
Skoolie

Some stateroom framing details. The stateroom/bedroom is framed about as far as I can go till the mechanical rough-in is done. Good news is I should have the rest of what I need first of the week, parts and pieces are trickling in slow, but all I need now are the water tanks and the hot water heater. We're planning on using a Wal-Mart "bed in a box" mattress on top of a foam pad on the 3/4" OSB.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0648.JPG (181.5 KB, 622 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0650.JPG (184.9 KB, 622 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0651.JPG (174.1 KB, 621 views)
Old 01-24-2010, 06:41 PM   #79
Skoolie

Some picture of the front of the bus. I've been bouncing in and out of there, not exactly sure what I was going to do, but I think I have it mostly figured out at this point.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0653.JPG (144.1 KB, 620 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0654.JPG (182.8 KB, 621 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0655.JPG (178.4 KB, 619 views)
Old 01-25-2010, 09:10 AM   #80
Skoolie

Thanks Smitty!

Winters my best time to work on the bus, I'm trying to get the interior done by spring and be ready for the exterior when it warms up.

Take care,
Den