Continued with the chassis electrical work this week end.
I got the control panel squared away, removing all the extra switches, wires and the upper flasher components. It was a rat's nest at first but I just started with the switches and related wiring for the dome lights, then the old rear heater related parts and finally the flasher controls. I also removed the factory cassette player. Now the only thing in the original panel are the switches for the front heaters, fan's, defrosters, marker lights and the wipers. I'm going to move these switches to a smaller control panel. I also removed the rear emergency door lock, alarm and related wiring and then pulled the heater out, cleaned it and got the hoses squared away. It was a long messy day.
What I've got in mind up front is to build a box that covers the heater on the drivers side (with a register for the heat discharge) and a matching box for the passenger side and then covering the sides of these boxes with automotive carpet. The tops will be stained wood and have a rim around them to provide a place to set things next to each seat like the drivers side is now, they will also taper away from the seats the same way the drivers side does. I'm also contemplating building a box around the trans tunnel with drink holders and storage between the seats and cover the the sides of it with automotive carpet. These boxes are going to be attached to the floor with steel angle brackets so they can be removed . Not such a big deal for the passenger side, but someday I may need to get to the heater on the drivers side.
That was on Saturday.
Sunday I scrapped out the bus (it was a mess from the electrical butchery and the saw dust spread around to catch the anti-freeze) then I pulled wire for the TV/DVD player, put the bulkhead over the wind shield back in place and then covered it with 3/4" plywood. I was originally going to frame it out a few inches and recess the TV but decided not too, with cabinets on both sides above the passenger and drivers windows take up 12" on either side and the TV will be around 24" wide, there wasn't much space up there left. I might put something up there like a wall mounted file holder (the black metal basket style) to hold registration, proof of insurance, maps etc. The plywood is going to get paneled with the same paneling as the rest of the bus.
Once I got this done I drilled holes in the metal ceiling installed a rubber grommet in each and then pulled wire for lights though out the bus. I haven't decided on the exact converter/charger power distribution unit yet but I'm going to get it figured out this week (hopefully) and get it ordered. Right now I'm just running the wires into the area it's going to mount and labeling the wires.
This weekend I'm going to continue with getting the rest of the drivers area carpentry squared away so it's finished.
I took a few pics but haven't loaded them on the computer yet to post.