Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-01-2018, 07:40 AM   #21
Bus Geek

Year: 1999
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: Freighliner FS65
Engine: Cat 3126
Rated Cap: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by dan-fox View Post
That access panel is how you troubleshoot/replace the fuel level sensor. I would retain access to it if I were you. Close it up and Murphy will walk right through the hole.
Funny thing is- barely anyone bothers to use the access panel... I've never had a bus with a working fuel gauge/sender. I've only had 4 buses but I've never had one with a working fuel gauge lol.

EastCoastCB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2018, 03:10 PM   #22
Mini-Skoolie

Year: 2003
Engine: Cummins 5.9
Update on RocketLark

Hello everyone! Here is an update on our progress. We spent last week volunteering with Luke from Skoolie.com. Luke is the coolest dude and we learned so much from him. If you haven't seen his website check it out. This guy is legit. Luke did a roof raise for unchained skoolie project, a group that fights sex trafficking. We went down to North Carolina to Luke's shop to help with the roof raise and now we feel more confident about taking on the challenge of doing our own roof raise. We are still a little nervous, but now feel more prepared. While we were gone RocketLark was in the shop getting a checkup and unfortunately she needs a lot of work. Filters, all new brakes (front and back), along with routine PM service for around $3,000...what is typical in a year for maintaining and fixing your bus? And, how have those of you who do your own maintenance learned the ropes? Feels daunting.

So we are about to order a roof raise kit from Chris with fab lab in Colorado. But we need to decide on the final height of the raise. Here are the issues. It is our understanding that it is most economical to do a 20in roof raise, because the hat channel comes in equal proportions of 20in, but we were considering doing a higher raise (24in) because we are concerned with having enough head room with the raised loft bed in the back of the bus. There is this black covered piece (In the picture) that we have to either go on top of our around somehow. We were told it is a a cover over the intake? I guess it could be modified, but I'd like to know more about it. What's under there?
Attached Thumbnails
thumbnail.jpeg   thumbnail (1).jpeg  
katiearnold is offline   Reply With Quote