I've finally gotten into the groove and got 9 panels done and primed yesterday! I've got six left now, and then the worst of all this will be over. I'm elated to be getting through this.
I've got two squares of 16ga being cut out to permanently patch the hatch holes in the roof monday.
I need to start acquiring rivets now. The cheap small ones are easy enough to find, but I want a very specific rivet- plain steel closed end mandrel 1/4". Gonna need a few hundred or so.
McMaster Carr and MSC have all kinds of blind rivets but they only come in Stainless Steel and Aluminum.
Gonna head out to the bus today and take out the driver seat and pull the engine cover doghouse thing.
My linkage is sticking and its pretty scary. There was a recall on my hand throttle and throttle linkage, apparently. The hand throttle apparently isn't aligned properly causing wear and binding, or something.
Will probably have some questions for yall and some pics.
Gonna basically build a new one of these out of wood or metal-
bless this mess
linkage on the left
I lubed it all up LIBERALLY and worked it back and forth after I couldn't find anything broken or too worn to be causing the stickiness. After working with it and taking off different sections of the linkage I finally think I found the sticky part. The very bottom linkage- it probably got cleaned of its lube when I power washed the underside of the bus last year.
After getting everything lubed and worked its functioning great!