Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 08-09-2016, 07:21 AM   #471
Bus Nut
 
sojourner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 428
Year: 1995
Engine: DT408
Quote:
Originally Posted by milkmania View Post
I think AWE ONE's sweet spot is 60mph @ 2200rpm
I need to add a pyro
Mine (a 1995 Genesis FE with DT408/MT643, 4.78 gears) is about 55. Decided to not be in a hurry. When I brought her home (1800 mile trip), keeping it in the "sweet spot" got me on average over 11 mpg. Was thinking of gearing up as well but we plan on being able to boondock when out and the low gears might just come in handy.
I'm actually working on the dash replacement today. Getting rid of the stupid and annoying stock dash and putting in some vintage Peterbilt gauges (I'm a truck drivers kid) to include:
Speedo
Tach
Pyro
Mechanical engine temp
Mechanical oil pressure
Oil temp
Trans temp
Diff temp
Dual air
Left and right side fuel (I built dual tanks)
Voltmeter
Manifold pressure

The stock gauge cluster have you almost flying blind.
__________________
I am an sojourner in the earth; hide not Your Commandments from me. Psalm 119:19

Here is the patience of the saints; here are the ones keeping the commandments of YAHWEH, and the faith of Yahshua. Rev. 14:12
sojourner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2016, 07:54 AM   #472
Bus Geek
 
EastCoastCB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Eustis FLORIDA
Posts: 10,095
Year: 1992
Coachwork: Ward/AmTran
Chassis: International
Engine: dt466
Rated Cap: 78
Quote:
Originally Posted by sojourner View Post
Mine (a 1995 Genesis FE with DT408/MT643, 4.78 gears) is about 55. Decided to not be in a hurry. When I brought her home (1800 mile trip), keeping it in the "sweet spot" got me on average over 11 mpg. Was thinking of gearing up as well but we plan on being able to boondock when out and the low gears might just come in handy.
I'm actually working on the dash replacement today. Getting rid of the stupid and annoying stock dash and putting in some vintage Peterbilt gauges (I'm a truck drivers kid) to include:
Speedo
Tach
Pyro
Mechanical engine temp
Mechanical oil pressure
Oil temp
Trans temp
Diff temp
Dual air
Left and right side fuel (I built dual tanks)
Voltmeter
Manifold pressure

The stock gauge cluster have you almost flying blind.
Man, I think you're my FAVORITE builder here. Love your workmanship and designs. Can't wait to see what you do with the dash, I've been wanting something just like that. My dad's a trucker, so I know the feeling of wanting all the cool big rig stuff.
Will have that driver's window for you this fall if you still want.
__________________
.
Roll Your Own Build Thread
EastCoastCB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2016, 12:58 PM   #473
Bus Nut
 
sojourner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 428
Year: 1995
Engine: DT408
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastCoastCB View Post
Man, I think you're my FAVORITE builder here. Love your workmanship and designs. Can't wait to see what you do with the dash, I've been wanting something just like that. My dad's a trucker, so I know the feeling of wanting all the cool big rig stuff.
Will have that driver's window for you this fall if you still want.
Thanks. Still making slow progress. I just cut the dash panel but need to get the correct hole saws tomorrow. Seems like we have very similar desires when driving these things. We'll keep in touch on the window for sure .
__________________
I am an sojourner in the earth; hide not Your Commandments from me. Psalm 119:19

Here is the patience of the saints; here are the ones keeping the commandments of YAHWEH, and the faith of Yahshua. Rev. 14:12
sojourner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2016, 10:27 AM   #474
Bus Geek
 
EastCoastCB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Eustis FLORIDA
Posts: 10,095
Year: 1992
Coachwork: Ward/AmTran
Chassis: International
Engine: dt466
Rated Cap: 78
And ANOTHER visit from code enforcement today. They now like to just stop on by every four to five days and walk around my yard.
Their newest complaint is a wrench and screwdriver left out in my driveway. Late night moped wrenching is apparently not allowed.
Living in the city is really lame. I see why people in town get so angry.
__________________
.
Roll Your Own Build Thread
EastCoastCB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2016, 11:15 AM   #475
Bus Nut
 
BurlKing's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 374
Year: 92
Coachwork: Thomas Built
Chassis: International 3800
Engine: DTA360 5.9L
Rated Cap: 77
Are you serious...? Im getting mad just reading that! Makes you want to figure out where those people live and walk around thier damn lawn and find **** wrong with them. What a waste of time and money!
BurlKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2016, 11:20 AM   #476
Bus Geek
 
EastCoastCB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Eustis FLORIDA
Posts: 10,095
Year: 1992
Coachwork: Ward/AmTran
Chassis: International
Engine: dt466
Rated Cap: 78
I have to admit I've looked into where he lives.

I think the ghetto looking house across the street that was just "rennovated" may have something to do with all this. They have it listed for $130k. LOL. I paid $46k for mine and even after another $30k or so fixing it up it still aint worth that. So yeah I'd imagine the house they're asking twice as much for than its worth could be the cause of all this un-deserved attn from the code dept.
I do plan to start attending city council meetings if this continues.
__________________
.
Roll Your Own Build Thread
EastCoastCB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2016, 11:27 AM   #477
Bus Crazy
 
milkmania's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Oklahoma aka "God's blind spot"
Posts: 2,201
Year: 1989
Coachwork: 1853FC International/Navistar
Chassis: 35' Retired Air Force Ambulance
Engine: DT466, MT643
Rated Cap: 6 souls and a driver
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastCoastCB View Post
And ANOTHER visit from code enforcement today. They now like to just stop on by every four to five days and walk around my yard.
Their newest complaint is a wrench and screwdriver left out in my driveway. Late night moped wrenching is apparently not allowed.
Living in the city is really lame. I see why people in townareso angry.
Fixed it for ya
__________________
I once complained I had no shoes....
Until I met a man with no feet
milkmania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2016, 01:51 PM   #478
Bus Geek
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Columbus Ohio
Posts: 6,083
Year: 1991
Coachwork: Carpenter
Chassis: International S3800
Engine: DT360
Rated Cap: 7 Row Handicap
I guess I must be Lucky ... even down in florida when I drove my bus down as a moving van to my apartment I went to tthe city and got a permit to park it on the street for 7 days in a resident-only area.. cost me $5...

here in ohio.. my HOA did SAY something to me when my bus sat in front of my house for longer than 3 weeks without moving one time... they didnt write me up.. just said "you know RV's are not supposed to be on the street for more than 48 hours...".. I moved it a few days later and bring it to the house some to work on it and never heard a word more...

must be a neighbor that loves to snoop in everyone else's business at your place.. and keeps calling code...

thats when you want to look up the codes and then take everything exactly to the Maximum allowable limit just to piss em off!
-Christopher
cadillackid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2016, 10:43 AM   #479
Skoolie
 
Tedd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: NoGA
Posts: 200
Year: 2000
Coachwork: GMC Micro Bluebird
Engine: 6.5 TD
Rated Cap: 19 ... 4 window
I DESPISE hoa's. When I took a transfer to NoGa, the only house we could find was in a brand new sub-division ... one that was needing the C&R's written. I got on the board and volunteered to run the balloting and write the C&R's.

It was a lot of work, but it was worth it. I wrote everything on the premise that if it can't be seen from the street, it's legal!

It's amazing the BS you can eliminate when you control the eraser.
__________________
No Man, I'm not a wizard.
I'm a gray WIZZER !
Tedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2016, 10:55 AM   #480
Bus Nut
 
sojourner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 428
Year: 1995
Engine: DT408
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tedd View Post
I DESPISE hoa's. When I took a transfer to NoGa, the only house we could find was in a brand new sub-division ... one that was needing the C&R's written. I got on the board and volunteered to run the balloting and write the C&R's.

It was a lot of work, but it was worth it. I wrote everything on the premise that if it can't be seen from the street, it's legal!

It's amazing the BS you can eliminate when you control the eraser.
When we lived under one (never again) my wife nominated herself as the secretary (the job no-one wanted). She had all the dirt on who didn't pay their dues and such and was the first to hear if there were any complaints from my cube van (service truck/mobile marine workshop) being parked in the driveway. Needless to say, with her in position we didn't get any direct complaints (complainers are usually cowards and will not face you personally). We spent the most on new paint, new driveway and gate to park it behind on weekends and such so there wouldn't be any legitimate complaints. All that actually added value when we sold as the new owners had a place to park a boat out of sight from the street. Did a happy dance when we moved from there.
__________________
I am an sojourner in the earth; hide not Your Commandments from me. Psalm 119:19

Here is the patience of the saints; here are the ones keeping the commandments of YAHWEH, and the faith of Yahshua. Rev. 14:12
sojourner is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

« Boring Gravy | - »
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Big Mac I bought for $500!!!!! M1031 Short-Bus Conversion Projects 106 04-13-2014 03:50 PM
Just bought a bus. What do y'all think?! hello_im_alex Conversion General Discussions 18 04-07-2012 07:41 AM
Just bought a bus!!!!! swinada Skoolie Conversion Projects 4 05-11-2009 07:45 AM
Bought a bus! Abbott Conversion General Discussions 0 07-07-2008 08:18 PM
i bought a bus...now what? abbs681 Everything Else | General Skoolie Discussions 4 07-20-2004 02:01 AM

» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:51 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.