Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-11-2019, 08:57 AM   #1
Mini-Skoolie

Year: 1998
Coachwork: International Blue Bird
Engine: International 7.3
Rated Cap: 64 passenger
Rollin With The Flow

1 week ago today I got my new to me 1998 International Blue Bird bus. Dredman came along with to do videos of the process and then follow me in the rental car. This past weekend I’ve been a bit busy trying to get the seats out, learning how to use an angle grinder and finding out just how dirty and sore you really get, but ya know, I wouldn’t trade it for anything. I’m loving every moment. I can’t say the same for my back and knees lol. Gotta get me some knee pads...
Attached Thumbnails
7571ABDA-5424-43C0-81BA-BF48074C21F0.jpg   11973C94-8811-4FB8-9ED2-A842EEF3CE5B.jpg   4C304F4B-9564-49C4-9FDF-77D2C96955D8.jpg   D967D59A-D42E-4F40-B073-A97C116D1F1A.jpg   C805271C-9DD2-4B95-928A-FA17EB2CB201.jpg  

LeahBaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2019, 09:05 AM   #2
Mini-Skoolie

I tried adding a video but it wouldn’t let me upload it with the pictures. I’ll try again but I’m not sure how. I’m still new to all this process
Old 02-11-2019, 09:13 AM   #3
Bus Geek

Year: 1946
Coachwork: Chevrolet/Wayne
Chassis: 1- 1/2 ton
Engine: Cummins 4BT
Rated Cap: 15
Great start! And yes...definitely get some knee pads!
Tango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2019, 09:31 AM   #4
Mini-Skoolie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tango View Post
Great start! And yes...definitely get some knee pads!
Thank you!! Definitely my next purchase. It’ll probably be 5-6 weeks before I’ll be able to do anything else on it unless of course my dispatcher hives me a load coming back thru before that. Welcome to the world of trucking lol. I’m so looking forward to my last day in the truck (been trucking since 7/13/94) cuz that’ll be my 1st day full time Skoolie!!!
Old 02-11-2019, 01:25 PM   #5
Bus Nut

Year: 2003
Coachwork: Blue Bird
Good start!
Upload to Youtube and post the link(s)
Old 02-11-2019, 01:33 PM   #6
Mini-Skoolie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dredman View Post
Good start!
Upload to Youtube and post the link(s)
Thank you! I will in a bit. I’ve never done anything on YouTube but watch a ton of videos so loading my 1st will be interesting... I’m back at the bus taking more seats out since the load I’m doing next won’t be here until either late tonight or tomorrow. So far 3 of the ones on the passenger side are out. I’ll see about adding what I accomplish today to what I’ve already done. I accidentally broke the selfie stick part that holds the phone to it so I can’t currently do video of what I’m doing as I do it or I don’t think I can anyway
Old 02-11-2019, 01:50 PM   #7
Bus Nut

get one of these - you need something like this

click to shop
https://amzn.to/2E4zosO

flexible gorilla pods are very "flexible"
Old 02-11-2019, 02:00 PM   #8
Mini-Skoolie

Quote:
get one of these - you need something like this

click to shop
https://amzn.to/2E4zosO

flexible gorilla pods are very "flexible"
Certainly looks better than the one I got from Walmart which also is very flexible but the bottom part that holds the phone breaks too easy. Where can I get one like this one you suggested without having to order it online? Whatever I get I have to be able to physically go in a store to get it.
Attached Thumbnails
image.jpg  
Old 02-11-2019, 05:09 PM   #9
Bus Nut

You need a PO Box madam? ALL the good stuff is online/Amazon/etc. I cannot imagine having to get anything of real value from Wal-Marx?
Old 02-11-2019, 05:39 PM   #10
Mini-Skoolie

Quote:
You need a PO Box madam? ALL the good stuff is online/Amazon/etc. I cannot imagine having to get anything of real value from Wal-Marx?
Well, there’s several other stores I can go to like Best Buy, Target, K-Mart if there’s any of them still in this country, most malls to name a few. So I guess I answered my own question. Anything that has to be shipped, I can’t guarantee I’m gonna be able to pick up soon after it’s delivered. I realize I can get better deals, but with my current job being an over the road truck driver, I have to find places with 18 wheeler friendly parking. Anyway, I just finished getting the rest of the seats out and pulling a lot of the rubber flooring on the passenger side. It’s glued to the metal. I wanted to get slit of it up on that side cuz it’s wet under the rubber. For some reason it only loaded the last picture I just took
Attached Thumbnails
image.jpg  
Old 02-11-2019, 05:48 PM   #11
Mini-Skoolie

Hopefully all 4 of these pictures load. It feels really good to have gotten this far in just 3 days. The 1st day I think I was working on it about 8 hours. Yesterday was about 5 hours and today maybe 7 hours.
Attached Thumbnails
92F57622-5C09-41FE-A865-08493D80712A.jpg   8CF871C8-3DC8-4416-A265-EEFD6E856D2E.jpg   D57E7734-C320-4AEF-B9E6-7C33ECF53E8D.jpg   FABF15E4-7D35-47D9-9492-F806B04E5AD7.jpg  
Old 02-11-2019, 06:08 PM   #12
Bus Geek

Year: 1999
Coachwork: Genesis
Chassis: International
Engine: DT466/3060
Rated Cap: 77
Quote:
Or just to General Delivery at what ever city you might be in at the time. Problem is eBay and the likes will only deliver to a registered address and not a P.O. Box.
o1marc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2019, 06:10 PM   #13
Bus Geek

Year: 1999
Coachwork: Genesis
Chassis: International
Engine: DT466/3060
Rated Cap: 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeahBaker View Post
Well, there’s several other stores I can go to like Best Buy, Target, K-Mart if there’s any of them still in this country, most malls to name a few. So I guess I answered my own question. Anything that has to be shipped, I can’t guarantee I’m gonna be able to pick up soon after it’s delivered. I realize I can get better deals, but with my current job being an over the road truck driver, I have to find places with 18 wheeler friendly parking. Anyway, I just finished getting the rest of the seats out and pulling a lot of the rubber flooring on the passenger side. It’s glued to the metal. I wanted to get slit of it up on that side cuz it’s wet under the rubber. For some reason it only loaded the last picture I just took
Lucky you, no plywood subfloor to remove. You don't know what you're missing.
o1marc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2019, 07:14 PM   #14
Mini-Skoolie

Quote:
Originally Posted by o1marc View Post
Or just to General Delivery at what ever city you might be in at the time. Problem is eBay and the likes will only deliver to a registered address and not a P.O. Box.
I have a regular address that things can get delivered to. The problem is I’m on the road 4-6 weeks at a time with no guarantee of any particular day to get home nor anyone there or nearby to pick anything up for me. This is an issue I’ve been dealing with for 25 years come mid July. It’s really not that big of a deal. Welcome to trucking lol. I’d rather be able to go get what I want and see it in person before I actually buy most things anyway.
Old 02-11-2019, 07:27 PM   #15
Mini-Skoolie

Quote:
Originally Posted by o1marc View Post
Lucky you, no plywood subfloor to remove. You don't know what you're missing.
Yeah, I was expecting to see plywood under the rubber. Most of the videos I’ve seen people had plywood to dispose of. That’d just be firewood in my opinion... lol. I’m quite happy with how the metal looks. Almost no rust to be found anywhere on this bus with the exception of a lil surface rust on the bumpers I have every intention of replacing and it looks like a lil surface rust on the floor but all in all, it’s good. Oh, it’s pretty nice to have a 6’ 3” floor to ceiling height too. I’m only 5’ 4” so doing the close to 2” of insulation on the floor and then the great debate about removing the ceiling and if I do, there’ll be about 1 1/2-2” insulation on it too and I'll still be able to walk without tilting my head. I can hardly wait to get the demo completed so I can start on the build. It’ll be about 6 weeks I’m guessing before I’m back in town especially with having just had 1 1/2 weeks off going to get the bus n bringing back. It’s in indoor storage at the moment so I have a place to put all the stuff I’m taking out as well as I don’t have to deal with the weather while I’m working on it. It rained yesterday and today

Tags
dredman