I got home early enough today to get a little bit done.
First up was the dent in the roof. It was right on the front and looked like someone had sat on it. No creasing, just pushed in. I was able to slide a flat bar inside the interior vents and push 95% of it back out. That was a relief. No before pictures, but here's an after shot.
The carpet on the roof was fastened up with a bunch of rusty screws, so I removed them and scraped the bits of carpet off. I'll have to get out a wire wheel to prep it for paint.
Next up was removing three plastic lights. These will not be going back. I'll find some vintage, brass lighting to reinstall.
I also found the source of some of the roof leaks. The wiring for the three lights I pulled was run across the top of the bus and drilled through the roof to each fixture. I've seen some cruddy work before, but that takes the cake.
This is the wire here. It was run out of the drivers window and across the roof all the way to the back of the bus.
More to come as it happens.