Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-03-2006, 02:01 PM   #1

Year: 1966
Coachwork: Wayne
Chassis: FordB600
Engine: 330HD
Rated Cap: 60
congrats!

Congrats on the bus project. Looks like quite a tribe. We've owned ours since before we had kids and made many,many memories along the way for all of us. Enjoy the journey! Get creative... bunks and fold down/up beds is probably the way to go for your size family. Between our fold down queen, bunk on the side and conversion table to double we can sleep 6 - though I need to rebuild the bunks to make them longer as my two little kids aren't anymore! Have fun with it! Sturgy

Old 06-03-2006, 02:12 PM   #2
Skoolie

hey stergeon 1, what part of n.w. oregon are you from ?? i am by astoria myself. to echo- i seen a bus darn near like yours going down hyway 30 out here in n.w. oregon yesturday. same size only this one had a roof rack.maybe it was sturgy ???? happy bussing. oh by the way, i got a 1964 international / wayne 20 footer- (project) and a running 1984 crown.
westport_wayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 07:16 PM   #3
Mini-Skoolie

awsome keep on the dream i just went out with my famelly this weekend past and it was awsome so keep at it and i want to here more
Mr Luchman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 05:02 PM   #4
Bus Nut

Year: 1992
Coachwork: Bluebird
Chassis: International
Engine: 7.3 diesel
Rated Cap: 14
Isn't it sad how some peolple can't mind their own business and have to worry about what their neighbor does. I'm a little surprised that I havn't seen any nasty city letters lately. I have a 25 foot still yellow bus parked on the driveway and every weeknight I park a 33 foot white bus here. And can't forget the large patches of grass that I never mowed down this year either, and the trailers in the backyard. We have gotten these letters before when the only thing here was a 26 foot white bus. With the white buses I just simply reply back to them saying it is owned by a nonprofit organization and isnot for commercial use and it even has tax exempt plates on it.

And it seems if someone sees something they don't like they write up some new ordinance against it and try to make the person comply to the new ordinance. I read the citys ordinance before and it did state that nonprofit vehicles were exempt from the restriction.
wmah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 10:53 PM   #5
Bus Geek

Send a message via MSN to the_experience03 Send a message via Yahoo to the_experience03
Check the ordinance and see what it says about recreational vehicles. If a person can park a $300,000 diesel rear pusher with RV plates, you can park your bus too provided it has the correct plates. They might not like it, but the law is the law
Old 07-11-2006, 11:30 PM   #6
Skoolie

Send a message via ICQ to Firearm Send a message via AIM to Firearm
The problem he runs into is that it's not finished. Most cities have ordinances against having vehicles in any state of salvage. I agree that if you're in the process and actively working on it people should mind their own business. It would be a different story if you had a junk yard style yard with numerous vehicles torn apart or the bus was like that for years, but you have been working hard on it. Try the RV cover and keep it that way while working on it. Good luck.
Firearm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006, 12:16 AM   #7
Bus Nut

Year: 1993
Coachwork: Carpenter
Engine: 7.3 International diesel
Rated Cap: 60
Where I live, you can't have any kind of RV in your driveway for more than 24 hours. I have a 2005 model travel trailer and if I have it in my driveway more than 24 hours, the crazy neighbor lady way down the street calls the cops. You're also not supposed to do major maintenance on vehicles. I was changing a head gasket under my carport. It took me all day, but she called the cops on me for that too. I hate people who can't mind their own business either. And if they have a problem with me, they just call the cops instead of confronting me about it. I'm pretty nice and if somebody has a problem with something I'm doing and is nice about it, I'll usually do what I can to make them happy. So when I get my bus, I'm going to have that baby in my driveway for 23 hours and 59 minutes, drive it around for a while and park it for the next 23 hours! Matt
https://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i2...DSC02426-1.jpg
KC10Chief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006, 12:36 PM   #8
Bus Nut

RV's are allowed in my city too but they must have rv plates. This might be one reason no nasty city letters came yet. I took my old RT plate from the old trailer and put it on the back of the bus. Not exactly legal but it looks good to those that don't know.
Old 07-12-2006, 05:35 PM   #9
Bus Geek

Send a message via MSN to the_experience03 Send a message via Yahoo to the_experience03
I'm glad I'm a rural boy Hehe...you know RV plates are REALLY easy to get for a bus in Minnesota, right Wmah? It took me only half an hour to fill out the paperwork for a change of tax base class AND a change of title type...and that was after screwing up once. Best part is they don't inspect here (mine was done anyway).
Old 07-12-2006, 05:48 PM   #10
Bus Nut

I just need to get in there to get plates and see if they will do it with out an inspection. I'm right in the 7 county metro so it is hard to say if they will want an inspection. My stickers are due next month on the truck so I figure that will be a good time to go in.
Old 10-15-2006, 11:28 PM   #11
Skoolie

I wouldn't worry about them passing an ordinance. If they do you are grandfathered in. Keep up the good work.
Old 10-16-2006, 11:49 AM   #12
Bus Geek

Time to get a big RV cover (or a blue tarp if you want to be more obnoxious) and cover that thing up. Every blight law I've ever seen talks about visible stuff. Same goes for RV parking laws...if they can't actually see that it is a camper under that tarp, they can't bust you for it.
Old 10-17-2006, 01:46 PM   #13
Skoolie

Most cities/towns have a current ordinance about how many, if any, UNREGISTERED vehicles you can have in your yard. As long as the bus is registered and is in working condition they would have a hard time getting you to move it. I don't think it's a good idea to piss off all the neighbors, but as long as you are making an effort to get the bus done they should leave you alone (wouldn't that be nice, eh?). I hope they stay off your back so you can finish it. As for future busses, if they pass an ordinance you would be ok with this one, but future ones would fall under the ordinance. So, I guess it's best not to push the issue and have them write an ordinance until you get your future project done or at least started. Good luck.
Old 10-21-2006, 10:07 AM   #14
Bus Nut

Year: 1985
Chassis: GMC
Engine: 366 propane
Rated Cap: 56
bus

Congradulations on the new addition to the family!

-Richard
captainkf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2006, 05:20 PM   #15
Skoolie

Wow, you have to learn to say, "no". Congratulations daddy (again).