Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-19-2017, 02:28 PM   #1
Mini-Skoolie

Year: 2004
Coachwork: International
Sauna Greenhouse bus

The plan is to take the full size 2004 International bus that I almost have payed off (4500 total and 1800 to go) from a custom coach dealer, and turn it into a full time home for my wife and little almost 1 year old lady.

I want to build a sauna/bath tub/shower area, a flush pooper and a bathroom sink maybe concrete. Got to get 2 55 gallon fresh water tanks, and 2 black and grey water tanks. The greywater tank will drain in through the blackwater tank after it is first emptied so there is far less after smell. The sauna will have to run off the genny. The kitchen sink and counter will be all stainless steel. I got to get an induction stove, and a dc compressor fridge.

I got to rip off the heavy tint the windows have and make a mini seed starting/ greenhouse spot on the back of the kitchen counter going down the sides of the bus. I have 2 8'x3' double pained glass for the back of the counter. Then about a 16" space until you get to the actual bus windows.

For the heat/chiller system I got to find a desil/electric boiler and a used marine chiller unit. I am going to try to build a baseboard hot/cold water heating/cooling. Under the baseboard I want to put tile and a drain so in the summer the condensation will drain away from, and not onto the sub-floor/steel. I think but not sure I want to build ducting around the baseboards and whip into gear a Hepa filtered blower to help keep the climate right for the house/ living area and also zone out the greenhouse shelves/ back of bus/ living area.

The reason why I want to build the heat/cooling system this way is so I can use minimal power to keep the climate right, so when we are boondocking I don't have to hear the genny for at least a week. (large battery bank) and plan on getting solar panels down the road.

I am anti-propane. It is the smell.

I want to build a sliding floor/ box that slides out the back exit to hold the genny welder and carpentry tools also keeping them dry while parked. Then when slid out I can access the Luthier shop bench.

The roof of the bus will be reinforced (diamond plate steel sheets) to allow for musicians to play shows the back of the bus will hold the pa system that can be set up when in stage mode.

Hopefully it all fits and some updates soon.

Evolutionmoonbus is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
sauna greenhouse