I need to, once again, tap into that vast amount of knowledge that is housed here on Skoolie.net. (Feeling very eloquent tonight
The Wiring diagram above is one I Borrowed (stole) from someone else, and if I knew who, I would give a very big "thank you" to for allowing it to go out.
The level of my knowledge in wiring is speakers and stereos in 4 wheelers, and some automotive electrical classes a long time ago. So... I have a few questions:
1. Is there a book or place online where I can get basic information about the functions and necessities of some of the items shown in the diagram, and gauge sizing requirements or recommendations for these items?
2. Is the "Charge Wizard" just a monitoring device to display the level of battery charge?
3. What is meant by "Battery Brain"?
4. I am seeing an Alternator inline between the Inverter and a battery brain. do you think this is an extra? or is this meant to represent the main vehicle alternator?
5. Is the purpose of an inverter to change 12v battery power into 110 volt?
6. Would it be wise to place an additional transfer switch between the shore power and the Gen sets to keep from back feeding the gen when hooked up to shore?
7. When Battery banks are hooked up, are they hooked positive to negative, or positive to positive? I want to maintain 12volts with increased amps but cannot remember how to do it.
Thank you all for the information that i know will be flooding in. And thanks again to the artist that came up with this diagram, it helps me a lot.