It’s been a while since I posted any pictures. I finally found time tonight to do some uploads. I didn't really have a floor plan drawn out in paper - just in my head. Shot from the hip, I guess you could say. But all things considered, I don't think I would change anything.
I started from the back with shelving. I built the bus for mainly Ragbrai - hence the reason for all the storage space. Each rider packs their belongings in a 18 gal tote for the week. The top two tiers of the shelves are built as one unit. I did this so in the event I wanted to remove the top unit, the bottom 'base' would serve as another bed on each side.
I spend some time with a router and created uprights between each window to help secure the shelves. I put screws through the window sleeves and applied silicone all the way around them. Don't know if the upright 2x4s were actually needed though in retrospect, the shelves were solid enough fastened to the floor.
One thing, I wasn’t expecting though was the curvature of the walls. For lack of better words, I refer to it as the ‘covered wagon’ design. As I progressed upward with the shelves the walls started to come inward. It was obvious from looking at the bus shell from the outside, just something I didn’t take in consideration in the beginning, but it all worked out in the end. Side affect from shooting from the hip, I guess.