Old 12-04-2013, 09:53 AM   #71
Bus Crazy

Year: 1988
Coachwork: Crown / Pusher
Engine: 8.3 Cummins
Re: No bastoni, no chiodi ricurvo a due punte

Quote:
Originally Posted by bansil
just go to the first post and edit the title...I had to when I found out La Tortuga was a transgender

Done, thanks for the info
Stu & Filo. T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 10:45 AM   #72
Bus Crazy

Re: Senza Legno, Senza Pontilli

Ok so with life getting in the way haven't been able to work on Senza legno Senza Pontilli like I wanted to but now I have it gutted, windows are out rivets are out of the split line. Putting the lift mechanism together then the roof is going up.
Old 01-05-2014, 11:40 AM   #73
Bus Nut

Coachwork: Crown
Chassis: Supercoach
Engine: DD6-71T
Rated Cap: 78

I think you may have the most radical Crown conversion ever on this forum. My efforts are tame compared to your project. I can't wait to see the results. Happy New Year.

Danville, California
http://www.transtraks.com
gmarvel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 12:54 PM   #74
Bus Crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmarvel
I think you may have the most radical Crown conversion ever on this forum. My efforts are tame compared to your project. I can't wait to see the results. Happy New Year.
I wouldn't say that, what you have told me about your conversion sounds pretty awesome, Happy New Year to you
Old 01-05-2014, 06:41 PM   #75
Mini-Skoolie

Year: 1987
Coachwork: Blue Bird
Chassis: Blue Bird All American RE
Engine: 3208 Cat
Rated Cap: 84
Re: No bastoni, no chiodi ricurvo a due punte

Quote:
Originally Posted by allwthrrider
Asking for opinions, neighbor suggested that instead of pulling the panels off the ceiling & re-insulating I should just pull the roof vents off & see if there's any evidence of mold or leakage, if not then just glue carpet to the panels already up there. What do you think?

I have a BlueBird I didn't remove the headliner, when I cut open the holes for the air conditioner there was insulation in there. So I lined the inside ceiling and walls with 1/4 inch construction styrophome then flexible paneling over that then trimmed out with some 2 inch slats. It all turned out great. I look forward to seeing more pics of your rig!!!
gpeck1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 04:53 PM   #76
Bus Crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tango
Suggestion for any roof raise (I've been there) --- before you do any cutting, cross brace both the roof and the lower section (above & below the cut line). Tack weld something like square steel tube from side to side at least every six feet. Makes maneuvering inside a little trickier but it prevents either section from torquing out of shape. Remember that the existing structure is under stress and I can virtually guarantee you it will try to reshape itself when cut free and being jacked up. Just a question of how much...some move more than others. You can remove the bracing as soon as you have a few of the ribs tied back together and secured in place.

Trying to realign things after it is cut can be done but is a bona fide bitch. Ask me how I know.

I would level the bus prior to any cutting. Block to the frame, so the suspension won't be able to move.

Now for some pics.

I forgot to ask how high your lifting the roof?

Nice what program are you using, the bottm set is what I'm looking at, planning on 11 1/2 in lift , that should put me at 11.5 ft tall before ac unit installed, already have the blocks for leveling and stabilizing the frame, going to think more on the cross bracing
Old 01-25-2014, 07:19 PM   #77
Site Team

The first set does it for me,keep front seperate from back with seating in front...then go back and enter the grand ballroom with a vaulted ceiling....sex on wheels....oops sorry there goes my mind with a poor mans scenicruiser....Crowns make it hott
Oops back to regular programing
bansil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 01:30 PM   #78
Bus Crazy

I picked up these barrels for $10.00 a piece for holding tanks, I'm wondering if I could cut the bottom off one & slide it over another seal the seam & make about a 75 to 80 gallon tank, I'd leave the top on the one being slide over leaving the plugs out while opening one of the plugs on the bottom more that way the top would act as a baffle
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0204.JPG (1.34 MB, 251 views)
Old 01-26-2014, 03:29 PM   #79
Bus Nut

Year: 1991
Coachwork: Wayne
Chassis: International 3800
Engine: DT466
Rated Cap: 72

Those barrels are most likely cross-linked ldpe. They cannot be welded, and virtually no adhesive will bond to polyethylene. Now, if it is regular hdpe, it can easily be welded by any plastics shop. It should have a number with a recycling symbol somewhere on it. What is the number? Any letters?

Brutus
JakeC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 05:17 PM   #80
Bus Crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by JakeC
Those barrels are most likely cross-linked ldpe. They cannot be welded, and virtually no adhesive will bond to polyethylene. Now, if it is regular hdpe, it can easily be welded by any plastics shop. It should have a number with a recycling symbol somewhere on it. What is the number? Any letters?
I'm at work now will have to look them over tomorrow, thanks for the info, We have some stuff here we use for sealing the inside fueltanks tanks wonder if that would work