Smitty... yup, you caught me. I get a prize now right?
Researching the roof situation--heat! eek I came across this information on white coating roofs
http://eetd.lbl.gov/coolroof/coating.ht ... 20coatings
Basically, the higher the albedo the less energy absorbed so the cooler the inside becomes.
Problem I see with a lot of the listed coatings is they are that tar, rubbery type coating. Not what I want on the bus, makes for horrible start gazing.
What did everyone else here use?
The Henry's mentioned on this site here and there, I found this info. Doesn't list the albedo rating though.
White Roof Coating
280DC White Roof Coating
* 10 Year Warranty
* Meets California Commission Title 24
* ASTM D-6083-05
* Miami-Dade County, NOA 04-1027.01
* UL Classified A and B and Fire Rated
* Cool Roof Rating Council (CRRC)
* LEED requirements
* Coverage: On smooth surfaces: approx. 2 - 3 gallons per 100 sq. ft. depending on porosity and roughness of surface
Henry also makes:
* Specially formulated to resist mildew in humid climates
* Rich, top-quality, non-fibered elastomeric
* Reflects up to 80%
* Brush, roller or spray application
* Excellent UV resistance
* Coverage: 2.0 gallons/square in 2 coats