Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-03-2013, 01:03 PM   #181
Bus Crazy

Year: 1999
Coachwork: Bluebird
Chassis: 3800 International
Engine: T444E
Rated Cap: 72
Re: skoolie days

well I started to make a new stairwell cover the old on worked great but you had to take on / off a bit of pain , new one is bolted to the bus on a hinge and swings open and closed nice and need, this stops a lot of road nosie and makes a spot for the passengers feet. i tempory screwed it on to make sure it will work, so its not painted yet. here are some pics, the last 2 odd shape board is the old cover, worked good but didnt like pulling on /off
tks
gbstewart
v

Old 03-03-2013, 01:10 PM   #182
Bus Crazy

Year: 1976
Coachwork: Crown
Chassis: Supercoach
Engine: Detroit 6-71 Mid-Ship Mounted
Rated Cap: 79 at Birth

GB, looks like that will work. Nice job on the crafting and design.
Old 03-03-2013, 04:05 PM   #183
Bus Geek

Looks good,I have to do something similar in the next month or so,around town she likes to just use the doghouse for her feet....after an hour or so....that will get old...no matter what she says now...
bansil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 06:12 PM   #184
Bus Crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigTex
Love the stair well cover! Any chance we can see a close up of the awning connection when you get a chance?
sure, theres not much to them , you have start with a rail that the fabric attaches to on the bus, its the whole lenght of the awning(mine is 16ft) at the top theres 2 arms 1 on each side they just screw into the bus, on the bottom of each arm is a bracket i bolted them on . you need 3 people 2 to hold each end of the awning, 1 to thread the awning into the rail. Ill take some pics as soon as I can, theres to much snow cant unroll it, but I should be able to get some off the brackets
gbstewart
Old 03-29-2013, 05:39 PM   #185
Bus Crazy

Well it warmed up nice to day, so I ran up the bus for a bit and rocked it out of the snow , just putted around cut some metal for the new staircase cover, just waiting for spring, even took the little honda jazz for a spin.
here is a picture of my cockpit area, showing the satilite radio, rear view camera, cb, and scan gauge, the radio is not working, we use a nice boom box , that way we can take it out side with us. the gps is missing I mount it on the windshield

everything is in easy reach of the driver, hopefully the weather stay warm so I can finish the stair case cover will post pics when Im done
here is a view from the back

I plan to replace the stereo, just no yet
gbstewart
Old 03-29-2013, 10:35 PM   #186
Mini-Skoolie

Looking nice ! ...
We got above freezing today +1 here , first time in 5 months lol .

So ya gona let me ride the Honda when we meet up ? ... Or maybe you just ship it to MB .
TheHobbits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 08:20 AM   #187
Bus Crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHobbits
Looking nice ! ...

So ya gona let me ride the Honda when we meet up ? ... Or maybe you just ship it to MB .
sure you can have a ride, 49cc of screaming fun! Yes its nice to have the wx warm up, maybe by the end of the week you can get at the bus you where looking at.
We do have plans to head your way, and farther west, but so far this year we have a 3 week trip to ottawa, kirkland lake, etc,

gbstewart
Old 03-30-2013, 10:12 AM   #188
Mini-Skoolie

Yup it's warming up , but looks like a cool week again ahead , I've requested the bus be got out of the snow bank & put in the shop for a once over before we make the offer but I've had no call yet from the service manager but I think they are on hold this week as its spring vacation in MB .
Today I'm digging out the sticks&staples so I can get it sold .... Gota make room for the bus & a stop for y'all bus lol .

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbstewart
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHobbits
Looking nice ! ...

sure you can have a ride, 49cc of screaming fun! Yes its nice to have the wx warm up, maybe by the end of the week you can get at the bus you where looking at.
We do have plans to head your way, and farther west, but so far this year we have a 3 week trip to ottawa, kirkland lake, etc,

gbstewart
Old 04-01-2013, 01:05 PM   #189
Bus Crazy

I got my new staircover done , I painted it with rocker guard, and wil put a small pc of carpet on the bottom side it all helps alot for road noise, and a place for the passengers feet
here it is down with the passengers seat pulled up

cover down, I attachet a small bungee cord to grap on and hold it when folded in the up right postion

bungee holding it up

this is me standing on it, good and strong, had to put my driving slippers on, they where in the bus, but to cold on the feet

gbstewart
Old 04-01-2013, 02:24 PM   #190
Bus Geek

bansil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 05:06 PM   #191
Mini-Skoolie

Luv this photo ...... Looks like a space ship command !!!!!

Quote:
Well it warmed up nice to day, so I ran up the bus for a bit and rocked it out of the snow , just putted around cut some metal for the new staircase cover, just waiting for spring, even took the little honda jazz for a spin.
here is a picture of my cockpit area, showing the satilite radio, rear view camera, cb, and scan gauge, the radio is not working, we use a nice boom box , that way we can take it out side with us. the gps is missing I mount it on the windshield

everything is in easy reach of the driver, hopefully the weather stay warm so I can finish the stair case cover will post pics when Im done
here is a view from the back

I plan to replace the stereo, just no yet
gbstewart
Old 04-08-2013, 05:46 PM   #192
Bus Crazy

I just got my new scissor leveling jacks, they go up to 28 inchs high, and fold down to 4 1/2 inchs . there 7500 pounds each, the plan is to mount them at the back off the bus, not sure if on the frame, or make a mounting plate closer to the side of the bus. still to much snow on the ground to start to mount them.
Old 04-08-2013, 08:05 PM   #193
Bus Geek

Year: 1992
Chassis: TC2000 FE
Engine: 190hp 5.9 Cummins

Quote:
I just got my new scissor leveling jacks, they go up to 28 inchs high, and fold down to 4 1/2 inchs . there 7500 pounds each, the plan is to mount them at the back off the bus, not sure if on the frame, or make a mounting plate closer to the side of the bus. still to much snow on the ground to start to mount them.

Do you have a drill, or impact to crank them up?

Looking Good

Nat

Patently waiting for the apocalypses to level the playing field in this physiological game of life commonly known as Civilization
nat_ster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 10:01 PM   #194
Bus Crazy

I have a socket that fits a drill, ill use a electric drill plug into generaor, I used my cordless drill to see how they worked but I think it will run out of poop if the jacks are underload. the jacks came with a hand crank and it worked ok. Im looking forward to installing them and haveing the bus more stable when camping
thank you
gbstewart
Old 04-08-2013, 10:23 PM   #195
Bus Geek

Year: 1992
Chassis: TC2000 FE
Engine: 190hp 5.9 Cummins

If you ever want to upgrade to a set of cordless that will not let you down, I use the Dewalt 20 volt line everyday in demanding high production construction. Even in winter they perform almost side by side with my corded tools.

And it just so happens that your province has the cheapest price of anywhere on the net.

http://www.jccayer.com/product.php?productid=4304

They do things so effortlessly, it becomes fun to use them.

Nat

Patently waiting for the apocalypses to level the playing field in this physiological game of life commonly known as Civilization
nat_ster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 07:16 PM   #196
Bus Crazy

i found A hitch at napa its a multifit reese class 3, I can bolt it to the sides of the frame now I have to wait for some of the snow to melt so I can get started on the install, as well as installing the stablizer jacks.

gbstewart
Old 04-20-2013, 08:11 PM   #197
Skoolie

Coachwork: BlueBird
Engine: DT466E

Very nice!! I need a Hitch like that too hehe...

FOLLOW US ON FACEBOOK TOO!!!
https://www.facebook.com/NilesSkoolie
NilesSkoolie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 07:36 AM   #198
Bus Crazy

Year: 1996
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: International
Engine: DT466/AT545

Quote:
i found A hitch at napa its a multifit reese class 3, I can bolt it to the sides of the frame ...
I got the exact same hitch, and it worked out fine. You had asked me to take some pictures, and I finally did that the other day while I was crawling around under there pondering water tank mounting issues, but haven't downloaded them from the camera yet. I'll post them on your thread here hopefully in the next couple days.
viewtopic.php?t=4959
Diesel Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 06:15 PM   #199
Bus Crazy

thanks Dan, I was thinking it was the same as yours, looking forword to your pics, I played around a bit to see how it would fit and it looks like I can bolt it right to the sides of the frame, I would have to remove the brackets for the bumper, and drill some holes, then reinstall.I can have just at the bottom of the bumper, or I can mount it so that it goes right threw the bumper makeing it higher off the ground, but then you have to use a drop hitch.I see when I move the bus, right now we just have so much snow that you cant do that type of work.
gbstewart
Old 05-04-2013, 08:10 AM   #200
Bus Crazy

Well its my day off and I was planning on starting to install my hitch today, got up ready to get at it till I looked out the window there it was, 2 inchs of nice fresh sticky snow crap! we still have lots of snow I still cant get to 1 of my sheds
gbstewart

my last of my dogs, and yes hes sitting on a snow bank!

at least its melting