Skoolie

Year: 2004
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: Saf T Liner MVP 11 window 32í
Engine: CAT 3126E
Rated Cap: 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rovobay View Post
This was a post in a different thread but I wanted to share it here too. May 15.

Been trying to clean up all the wires in the bus before I start building my kitchen. I thought I was making great progress and continually started the bus every so often to make sure I didn't cut something that would have me up shittte creek. well bus started and then I realized I made a huge mistake and none of my rear lights work. ugh. Just needed to vent I am confident that I will eventually find my mistakes but this is just another setback in skoolie life.

By the looks of it, youíve got it all figured out. I, without knowing why at the time, didnít cut the plug or throw away the burnt out light indicator when I was gutting wires. I did unplug it though, which gave me the same issue (no rear lights). I think rather than splice Iím going to use the indicator...I think itís kinda cool.IMG_1344.jpg
Old 05-22-2019, 02:26 PM   #82
Skoolie

Year: 1998
Coachwork: Prevost
Chassis: H3-45
Engine: Detroit DDEC III
Rated Cap: A LOT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rovobay View Post
...I am confident that I will eventually find my mistakes but this is just another setback in skoolie life.
If it's any consolation, I'm experiencing the same life while working on my bus.
Old 06-10-2019, 08:42 PM   #83
Bus Nut

Year: 2004
Chassis: International
Engine: T444e w/ 2000 Allison Trans
Rated Cap: 35
I wish I could post some progress pictures of the bus, but I was deployed on short notice to go assist in a crisis and have been working 12-16 hour days 6 days a week in 100+ degree weather. I guess the upside to this is that I am making good money and might be able to splurge on a few nice things I have seen you all install but did not want the expense in my build. This is the first time I have been on this site in a while. I miss you all and will try to catch up on some of my favorite build threads. I hope to be home in around 6 or so weeks. However when I get back I will be overwhelmed with things I want to do, and I am in dire need of spending time with my 8 and 4 year old kids. This would have been much better in the winter when it is too crappy of weather to work on the bus. I am missing out on prime construction weather.

take care!!!

Follow our build on Instagram at https://www.instagram.com/skoolie_doo/
Rovobay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2019, 02:34 AM   #84
Bus Nut

Year: 2002
Coachwork: Thomas Built Bus
Chassis: Freightliner FS65
Engine: Caterpillar 3126E Diesel
Rated Cap: 71 Passenger- 30,000 lbs.
Been there, done that! The money is good, the time drain sucks1 At least you have more time to think about your build. Well, at least one would think so on the outside. Working that many hours a day really dulls the mind. Keep at it, the next 6 weeks may be hard but the boost in available funds is nice. As a bonus, you can feel good about helping in a crisis.
Native is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2019, 10:44 AM   #85
Bus Nut

Year: 1997
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: International
Engine: T444E
Rated Cap: 72
That's always the way, but for the cost of time you'll have a couple different rewards. Some monetary, and some that are priceless.

You'll be back at it....and besides..... if it was easy everyone would be doing it.

Handyman and Shenaniganizer
http://www.skoolie.net/forums/f11/97...ion-22324.html
Yukon Cornelius is offline   Reply With Quote