Woke up this morning feeling like crap and really unmotivated. But I know if I skip a week, that will lead to skipping 2 weeks, and before I know it a year has gone by with no work done and I'm selling the bus to a scrap yard for $250 so I won't be paying rental to store it anymore.
Made it up to the site, worked on about half the screws in the ceiling. Did not have much luck from the manual impact driver I bought... maybe I'm doing something wrong, but I pounded the snot out of some those screws using the driver and a 3 lb hammer, and it couldn't loosen a one.
Made very nice progress using the battery impact driver and the square bit (thanks and hat-tips to scooternj and cityratt). I went from the back of the bus up to row 8, and only stripped an average of 1 out of 10 screws.
Here is a pretty good representation of the go/no-go ratio
Couple things I learned:
Bring extra bits, the square bit starts to go round after a while.
Start slow on the variable speed driver. Most of the stripped screws at the beginning I set the bit in and pulled the driver trigger back to max. Starting slower had much better results.
Aaaahh there's a spider attacking the car!
Every time I drive up to work on my bus, I see this and have foolish thoughts...
No new expenses this week.