It's been a while since I posted. My plans were to get the floor up over the holidays but as I found out, plans are just that, plans. Christmas eve my youngest daughter went to town in her older sisters neon and apparently hydroplaned and totaled the car. She spun off the road and an oak tree tried to fit itself in the back seat. The bumper got in the way and is now sitting in the back seat. Thankfully she walked away from the accident without so much as a scratch!! The accident happened in front of a friends house and before he could get out to see what all the noise was, she was at his front door. As such my plans changed and I have to go into car build mode. We had a spare parts neon here and I'm going to try to put something together from the two. Needless to say, any serious work on Gimel has been postponed until I get a car on the road for my oldest daughter. I did get the fuel hoses and filter installed before the accident and today got the fuel lines secured, purged and the engine started. It was good to hear the engine running off the fuel from the new dual tanks. Here are some pics of the installation.
The view from the fuel tank access from the floor to service fuel hoses and sender.
I used marine type "A" 1/2" fuel hose throughout. Expensive but heavy duty. I attached them to the cross-members with vinyl coated cable clamps and self drilling and tapping screws.
Fuel hoses coming forward to the fuel filter via the right inner fender well. A cross-member for the transmission kept me from running the hoses inside the frame channels.
The fuel/water separator is a takeout from a boat years ago. The old flasher wiring compartment makes a dandy place to install it along with the relocated power steering reservoir.
Fuel valves located next to driver. I used marine type valves, one for supply and the other for return. We're trying to keep things as reliable as possible and as such manual.