Been in the shop working on the doors again. I installed the bracing to help stabilize full welding of the sheet metal. The bracing will also be the base for the bellcrank pivots. I then welded in the panels. The largest door did go out if square. Glad I'm using bed liner to finish them with. It won't be so noticeable to others with the textured finish but it always will be to me.
Next I made the bellcrank pieces. I built a jig to make them with since I needed about 60 parts to make 24 bellcranks. I then welded the bellcranks together. I didn't photo these steps but did pick up with the latch assembly.
The first step to building the latches on the doors is tack in place the latch shells.
Next fusion weld the bellcrank pivots to the frames.
Now fusion weld the latch shells.
Install pad latch and cover to protect from scratching.
Now to determine the position of the center bellcrank.
Time to make some linkage parts. I made a jig to keep the bends uniform. The two pins on the left were used to make the latch slides (think long chain link) so the dots will latch without having to operate the paddle.
Next install the latch plungers with springs, cross pins and bellcranks and linkage parts to track into place.
Weld, sand edges and reinstall linkages then cut excess pivot pin length.
Final fit into door frame.
I'll have to trim and cut the plungers at an angle once the weatherstrip comes in and is fitted. Next step on the doors is to smooth out with body filler and prime to paint. Gonna take a break from the dots glut now though. My ADHD is catching up with me. Gonna work either on the air conditioner adapter or the solar panel frames.