Been working on the solar panel mount as time permits. It'll mount directly into the outer flanges of the body bows.
I'm making it adjustable by using boat trailer tongue jacks as actuators. I removed their mounts and cut off the wheel mount on the end.
I then made mounts for the cross pin and welded into place. The cross pins also sit in bronze bushings.
The crank handles will be removed and shafts made to replace them (similar to what I did with my stabilizer jacks). The shafts will be the other end connection and pivot as well as connect the two jacks together and allow extending (cranking) with a cordless drill to adjust the angle from flat (for road travel) to whatever angle maximizes solar exposure.
I also scored two used air ride seats I'll rebuild. I removed the right arm on the one to see what's wrong with it. Gonna have to replace the inner ratchet adjuster. Lori will sew new skins for the seats as these are torn and stained. To be expected for $50.00 each!! I'll clean up, sand, paint and grease the bases. Both are airtight with lift and triple lumbar adjustment. It just so happened my son and daughter were visiting the town where these were located almost 5 hours away this weekend saving me a road trip. I love it when a plan comes together !