Old 02-26-2016, 05:10 PM   #421
Bus Nut

Year: 1995
Engine: DT408
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastCoastCB View Post
You should come down, give me a hand raising my roof, and take these windows you want!
That would be fun but alas I can't get away from the farm for very long these days.

We're looking at land as well where our current dilemma will not be possible.

On another note, does anyone know where I might find the pins and sockets used in the harness connectors on the mid ninety's international school buses? I'd like to modify the harness and do a "factory" job.
sojourner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2016, 09:56 PM   #422
Bus Nut

To those looking for the connectors in the international wiring harnesses,I think I found them:
http://terminalsupplyco.com/Store/De...820#Categories

They're also available on eBay.
Old 02-29-2016, 06:11 AM   #423
Skoolie

Year: 96
Coachwork: AmTran
Chassis: International
Engine: DT466
Rated Cap: 75
That's the same size and style I use when I'm rebuilding harnesses on my motorcycles, interesting. Though they have a special crimp tool to make the perfect crimp, if you're only going to be using a few it isn't worth the price and can be done with needle nose and a little patience.
Outcast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2016, 11:13 AM   #424
Bus Nut

Turns out these are the wrong ones. The shank is not long enough. Sure wish I could find the correct ones.
I am an sojourner in the earth; hide not Your Commandments from me. Psalm 119:19

Here is the patience of the saints; here are the ones keeping the commandments of YAHWEH, and the faith of Yahshua. Rev. 14:12
Old 07-03-2016, 09:01 PM   #425
Bus Nut

Busy saw the movie "Independence Day Resurgence". Apparently a school bus can survive an alien invasion. Add one new reason to build a Skoolie ��������.
I am an sojourner in the earth; hide not Your Commandments from me. Psalm 119:19

Here is the patience of the saints; here are the ones keeping the commandments of YAHWEH, and the faith of Yahshua. Rev. 14:12
Old 07-04-2016, 06:48 AM   #426
Bus Geek

Year: 1991
Coachwork: Carpenter
Chassis: International S3800
Engine: DT360
Rated Cap: 7 Row Handicap
the connectors on my bus look like standard Molex connectors... though everything I have been taking apart and re-wiring I have been using GMC style weatherpak connectors..
JEGS Performance Products 10750 | Buy JEGS Weatherpack Connectors at JEGS

I like these esp under the hood as they are water proof... they are pretty easy to install and hold up well..

-Christopher
cadillackid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2016, 10:56 AM   #427
Bus Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by cadillackid View Post
the connectors on my bus look like standard Molex connectors... though everything I have been taking apart and re-wiring I have been using GMC style weatherpak connectors..
JEGS Performance Products 10750 | Buy JEGS Weatherpack Connectors at JEGS

I like these esp under the hood as they are water proof... they are pretty easy to install and hold up well..

-Christopher
Thanks for the suggestion. I've rerouted the wiring harness under the floor along the frame rail.easier to get to when troubleshooting the lights they service and ridding myself of having to deal with the extra wiring in the roof area. Any crimp-on connectors are the shrink and seal type I've used on boat wiring in the past. All other connectors are in dry concealed areas. I've checked around through various resources but no one seems to know who made these connectors or where to get replacement parts. Very strange. Apparently they were so good they simply didn't need repair or the buses were just sold before they ever became an issue. In my case, it was operator error that caused the problem, not the connector. Anyhow, I do have a collection of Packard # 56 style parts that I can replace it with. They're not water resistant as the ones suggested but I'm not putting plugs in places where they can get wet either. That's the first defense against corrosion.
Old 08-12-2016, 04:33 PM   #428
Bus Nut

Been working as I get time and finances. Was working on the new dashboard and couldn't wait to dry fit the gauges.

Still lots to do with switches and indicator lights. Once everything is drilled and sanded, then I need to get it anodized to give it some color.

Gonna be fun to sit behind this some day!!!
Old 08-12-2016, 05:14 PM   #429
Bus Geek

Year: 1992
Coachwork: Ward/AmTran
Chassis: International
Engine: dt466
Rated Cap: 78
Old 08-12-2016, 06:13 PM   #430
Bus Nut

I'm also considering an engine turned look.
This stuff looks very interesting:
Vinyl Decal Stock