Old 02-16-2017, 08:28 PM   #461
Bus Nut

Year: 1995
Engine: DT408
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stewzer55 View Post
Adams County Ohio?
Yes sir. Near Manchester and West Union.
sojourner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2017, 06:54 PM   #462
Bus Crazy

Year: 1999
Chassis: Blue Bird TC RE 3904, Flat Nose, 40', 277" wh base
Engine: 8.3L Cummins ISC 260hp, AT643, 4.44 rear
Rated Cap: 84 pax or 1 RV; 33,000lbs
Note to self: Come back and read more than the pictures.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sojourner View Post
Next bolt on the A/C unit.

Then install the service cover to protect the condenser foil.

Is this just a standard window unit? Aside from having access to clean the fins of road dirt/dust, I really like this idea. I plan on being mobile tho.
Brewerbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2017, 10:51 PM   #463
Mini-Skoolie

Year: 2001
Coachwork: Blue Bird
Chassis: 3800
Engine: DT466E
So much cool fabrication on your build, jealous of your skills !
I've to make quite a bit of undercarriage storage as well but doubt my doors and storage will be anywhere near as nice. Have a stand up indoor ac unit at the moment. May have to copy your ac design, I've seen it done for boats in the same fashion, smart stuff sir ! Looks great keep it up !
djthe3rd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2017, 09:07 PM   #464
Bus Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brewerbob View Post
Note to self: Come back and read more than the pictures.Is this just a standard window unit? Aside from having access to clean the fins of road dirt/dust, I really like this idea. I plan on being mobile tho.
One will be able to rinse it generally through the metal grate. If better cleaning is required access is quite easy. Just a few screws and the entire expanded metal grate comes off. Just a few more and the entire unit slips out. It's located right behind the fuel tank to reduce the amount of dirt it would see. Lot's easier than cleaning a rooftop mounted unit.
We too are planning on being mobile but will only be using the basement AC when stopped.
I am an sojourner in the earth; hide not Your Commandments from me. Psalm 119:19

Here is the patience of the saints; here are the ones keeping the commandments of YAHWEH, and the faith of Yahshua. Rev. 14:12
Old 04-12-2017, 09:08 PM   #465
Bus Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by djthe3rd View Post
So much cool fabrication on your build, jealous of your skills !
I've to make quite a bit of undercarriage storage as well but doubt my doors and storage will be anywhere near as nice. Have a stand up indoor ac unit at the moment. May have to copy your ac design, I've seen it done for boats in the same fashion, smart stuff sir ! Looks great keep it up !
Thanks for the kind comment. Haven't been able to work on it lately like I'd like but am working on resolving that situation. Can't wait to get my hands back in it!!
I am an sojourner in the earth; hide not Your Commandments from me. Psalm 119:19

Here is the patience of the saints; here are the ones keeping the commandments of YAHWEH, and the faith of Yahshua. Rev. 14:12
Old 04-13-2017, 06:56 AM   #466
Bus Crazy

Quote:
One will be able to rinse it generally through the metal grate. If better cleaning is required access is quite easy. Just a few screws and the entire expanded metal grate comes off. Just a few more and the entire unit slips out. It's located right behind the fuel tank to reduce the amount of dirt it would see. Lot's easier than cleaning a rooftop mounted unit.
We too are planning on being mobile but will only be using the basement AC when stopped.
Oh you do have it in there "backwards"; clever. My fuel tank must be unusual. Everyone is worried about theirs. Mine is more towards teh front of the bus and between the frail rails. The only down side is it's a 60 gallon tank. Plenty of room for a bigger one tho. If I can find a 100 galon that fits between the rails, I'll use the 60 for gray or black water.

My bus has no AC so, ... can you use it while drivining? I can't think of any reason why it couldn't be used. Maybe put in a second set of duct work for the driver's area.
Old 04-13-2017, 10:53 AM   #467
Bus Nut

Quote:
Oh you do have it in there "backwards"; clever. My fuel tank must be unusual. Everyone is worried about theirs. Mine is more towards teh front of the bus and between the frail rails. The only down side is it's a 60 gallon tank. Plenty of room for a bigger one tho. If I can find a 100 galon that fits between the rails, I'll use the 60 for gray or black water.

My bus has no AC so, ... can you use it while drivining? I can't think of any reason why it couldn't be used. Maybe put in a second set of duct work for the driver's area.
I don't have the standard 65 gallon fuel tank. I removed it and built twin tanks to extend my range. I don't plan on using it while running. When I do the interior, I'll be closing off the cab from the kitchen area. If I do install AC in the cab, it'll be an engine driven system.

Old 04-13-2017, 11:21 AM   #468
Bus Nut

Off topic but need to share

Hey everyone. I know this doesn't have much to do with my build per se but I need to pass along some info that might help someone in the future.
I have a 1994 Ford F-350 with a 7.3 Powerstroke. I've been having issues with a miss when cold for a few years and not able to nail down the issue. I thought it was an electrical issue (the injectors are electrically actuated). Recently I had an injector go totally on the fritz with me. Engine with a dead miss, knocking sound, smoke out the tailpipe but no banging (which might indicate a much more serious issue). The thing is, the condition would change so I theorized it was a sticking injector. know I didn't relish the idea of dropping a grand on a rebuilt set of injectors but didn't see much of a choice. While doing a web search for injector sets, I ran across this site:
Hot Shot's Secret - High Performance Diesel & Gas Additives
As I read their info, it was like they knew my truck!! I decided to drop $100 on their stiction eliminator, fuel treatment and maintenance oil additive. Well, I changed the oil yesterday and low and behold the stuff does exactly what they said it would. I cannot believe the difference!! The engine runs like a sewing machine. Very smooth power with no smoke, chugging or anything like that. It only took about 30 seconds with the engine running to hear the difference. Being a bit of a skeptic I thought i'd give it the real test and see if it would start cold without a shot of starting fluid. My truck has not started cold without being either plugged in or needing a shot of starting fluid in a couple years unless it's really hot outside. I got in this morning, turned the key on, waited for the glowplug light to go off and hit the starter. The engine fired up immediately!! It's not done that in a very long time. So fat, I can't rave enough about this product. If you're having issues like mine you might want to give it a try. Needless to say, I'm going to be using their products on Gimel!!

Old 04-13-2017, 11:34 AM   #469
Bus Crazy

Quote:
I don't have the standard 65 gallon fuel tank. I removed it and built twin tanks to extend my range.
I don't either. The guy at the school shop said it was 60 not 65. From here I've only heard mention of 65 and 100. I had a hair less thean a 1/4 tank when I filled up; it took 37 gallons. That's 3/4 of 50. Anywho, price will decide it. Whatever I can find that fits between teh frame rails. There's room for a secoundary tank even at 100 gallons. 165 total would be a nice range.

Quote:
If I do install AC in the cab, it'll be an engine driven system.
If you don't alreayd have engine AC, would that be esier than just ducting the window unit? I don't see how it would be. Now if you already have it then it's a moot point.
Old 04-13-2017, 01:08 PM   #470
Bus Nut

Quote:
If you don't alreayd have engine AC, would that be esier than just ducting the window unit? I don't see how it would be. Now if you already have it then it's a moot point.
I'm not a fan of running a AC compressor designed to sit still under heavy vibration conditions. I could be wrong but it just doesn't sound like a good idea to me. I have no issue installing an engine driven compressor, dryer, filter, evaporator, condenser and hoses to custom build a system if need be. I could probably adapt a truck cab system easily enough. The heater core on these things is WAY oversized for just the cab. I'm thinking of redesigning that area anyhow. Would be a good place to build a box to house both the heater and evaporator core.