You asked for pics so here goes (hopefully, this is the first time I've tried this).
When I got to Plainview I got to see the bus for the first time. The inside was covered with dust from sitting in west TX for over a year.
Also had some damage to the roof at the rear. Nothing I can't fix though
All stocked up with water, snacks and Ramen noodles for a road trip.
When I left Plainview the bus seems to run fine but does not like hills. When I floor the accelerator I hear a lot more noise in the engine compartment. It sounds a lot like air rushing. Maybe the fan clutch? I spent a lot to time contemplating a propane injection system as part of the conversion. Turns out not. South of Chattanooga, TN I find a split in the rubber boot connecting the pipe from the intercooler to the intake. I got a new boot in Atlanta and now Sojourner accelerates up hills!! Whoopee!!
I found that Sojourner has a "mysterious" gravitation to exits with Braum's Ice cream. Good Bus!! My wife Lori is really going to enjoy this bus (especially after she discovers chocolate mocha fudge chunk
I drove to a friends house in Okmulgee OK. While there ran into the whole fuel system losing prime thing when I backed down an incline a bit to wash out the interior. Had a river of red mud and "kid droppings" running out the back door. as I hosed out the entire inside. When restarting it died. Had to reprime the fuel system and moved to a level place. I also removed all but three rows of seats while there. Only took me 3 hours.
After leaving OK I drove to a friends house in AR. There I almost fell off "an edge on the world". Got in late at night and was unsuccessful at climbing his driveway. When we tried to back down (in the dark) we almost went off the side of the hill.
Thankfully a neighbor owned a dozer and pulled me to safety for only $100.00. I ran into the whole fuel system issue again and had to plumb in a 5 gallon jerry can to get it to run to back off the hill.
Once back on level ground I got to troubleshooting this fuel issue.
I found the fuel lines feeding the pump form the filter unit to be leaking. I removed them and replaced the crimped lines with new hoses and clamps. I also found that the filter was less than hand tight. I put on a new filter properly and have had no issues with losing prime since. It was then off to my dad's house for a couple days and then off heading back home. On the way I stopped off at a rest area to have some lunch cooked on the dog house.
After having dinner with a friend in TN I made it to south of Chattanooga and slept in the bus overnight in a truck stop. It was while checking the fluids and such that I noticed the oil spray pattern on the valve cover which led me to the discovery of the split rubber boot leaking my boost pressure to atmosphere. Once the boot was replaced ($85.00!!) the drive was a breeze!! The overall mileage for this trip even with the split boot was over 11 mpg. I think I really like this engine.
I stopped off at Columbia SC to get some doors from a place that sells overstock building supplies. Scored doors for the interior. Prehung raised panel beadboard doors for $25.00 each!! It was then off to the Farmers market to get bulk veggies for Lori to can at home. I'm thinking I might need to rename this bus Marco Polo since it seems I'm bringing things from afar home. I made it home just fine and everyone is excited about getting into this conversion. I did notice a rear left wheel bearing seal leaking and will replace all seals when replacing the brake linings. Now, to get some things finished here on the farm so I can get to this project!!