Old 06-06-2016, 07:07 PM   #61
Mini-Skoolie

Year: 1997
Coachwork: Blue Bird
Chassis: International 3800
Engine: DT466e
Rated Cap: 77
Nice build and Thorough! Sounds like it's all coming together well, keep er going.

I see we've also had the same experience at Menards and both are using residential windows... Even more parallels...
Shef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2016, 11:57 AM   #62
Bus Nut

Year: 2000
Engine: T444E
Rated Cap: Your mom +1
Ok, we have 3 weeks till we leave for New York. Bus has its first coat of color on finally and I think it came out pretty well. Gotta do a little more sanding on the hood and I'll prob shoot it tomorrow and do a second coat overt the next few days. It's actually less green than it appears in the pictures too...

slaughridge85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2016, 12:19 PM   #63
Bus Nut

Sanded and second coat put on this morning before the sun cleared the building I'm parked next to. Gonna do up the bumpers and grille in a flat black to add a little contrast to it. Got the camera system and motorcycle carrier ordered today. Put a class 5 hitch on the old girl cause my bike weighs almost 600 lbs, and it didn't cost any more than a class 4 so I went overkill. T Minus 17 days till departure.
Old 06-21-2016, 03:36 PM   #64
Mini-Skoolie

Looking awesome. FWIW, I kind of dig the light OD green look in the photos... You could park it in a campground and not stand out like a sore thumb... Too many RVs are way too flashy... I prefer to blend...
dbhost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2016, 03:52 PM   #65
Bus Nut

Yeah that was our thinking too, be mostly invisible from a distance since we plan on boondocking alot of the time. I personally don't own any vehicles that are shiny or overly reflective. Everything gets flat paint. I tend to be incognito most of the time anyway... I think the first coat came out looking a little green because of the red oxide primer underneath. Decided to put one more coat on it this evening. It keeps looking better after each pass with the sprayer.
Old 07-04-2016, 08:38 PM   #66
Bus Nut

So I've officially moved into the bus. Got the tv and computer hooked up and water and all that good stuff finally. We leave for new york in 4 days. Got filters and a yuuuughe bucket of rotella t for routine maint before the trip. Also gonna get a new serp belt tomorrow and keep the old one for a backup. Sorry about no pics yet but soon.
Old 07-21-2016, 08:15 AM   #67
Bus Nut

Alright, made it back from the 2500 mile trip without any hiccups except that I think the relay on the back of my headlight switch stuck in the on position causing my headlamps to stay on. Fixed that by unplugging them when they weren't needed. Also found out that we are not big picture takers. Here are a few of us at various campgrounds. We also got to drive through Cleveland the day before the start of the RNC. After the recent events in France we decided to detour down around the south of Cleveland rather than drive through the heart of downtown. Didn't want any Imperial entanglements since we were driving a big truck.

Old 07-21-2016, 08:17 AM   #68
Bus Nut

The last picture is at the Hamburg NY fairgrounds. That's the day before the rally started. We were packed in like sardines for the rest of the week. A little closer than I like to be to my neighbors, but It wasn't too bad.
Old 07-21-2016, 08:20 AM   #69
Bus Geek

Year: 1992
Coachwork: Ward/AmTran
Chassis: International
Engine: dt466
Rated Cap: 78
Dude that's great! Always nice to see someone actually using their bus! I'm not really much of a picture taker either.

That's funny, I'd have avoided downtown too. Won't be long before they start banning these large "assault vehicles".
Old 07-21-2016, 08:57 AM   #70
Bus Geek

Year: 1991
Coachwork: Carpenter
Chassis: International S3800
Engine: DT360
Rated Cap: 7 Row Handicap
great pics!! I also love to see people out and about in their busses too! one of my friends commented to me that he has heard so much about people building busses over the years but rarely sees them out.. he told me im the only one he knows that is always crusing around in my bus somewhere..

so its surely great to see pics of others out and about on 2500 mile roadtrips in Skoolies enjoying all the hard work put into it!!!

going around Cleveland on I-271 is the best bet as downtown on 80/90 can be a real PAIN!!! even without a major convention.. since I live in columbus im always coming up I-71 and it ends up a mess at times too

-Christopher
cadillackid is offline   Reply With Quote