Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 06-01-2013, 02:15 PM   #121
Bus Crazy
 
somewhereinusa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Andrews,Indiana
Posts: 1,456
Year: 1991
Coachwork: Bluebird
Chassis: AARE
Engine: 3116 Cat 250hp
Rated Cap: Her, me and Molly
Re: Somewhereinusa

One of the prizes I found on our surplus excursion was a fantastic fan and motor with out the housing. Since I wanted to use the roof escape hatch it was just the thing.

Finished and mounted.



Switch detail



Fan and screen detail



Fan open for access to open hatch.



Dick
somewhereinusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 03:16 PM   #122
Bus Nut
 
browncrown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Bakersfield, California
Posts: 986
Year: 1976
Coachwork: Crown
Chassis: Supercoach
Engine: DD Inline 6-71 MidShip
Rated Cap: 79
Re: Somewhereinusa

Nice job on the fan install!!!
__________________
BC
My Conversion Thread: http://www.skoolie.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=3065
browncrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 05:03 PM   #123
Sam
Skoolie
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 112
Year: 1990
Chassis: Wayne Lifeguard
Engine: GMC 6.2lt
Rated Cap: 40
Re: Somewhereinusa

very nice job on the fan install
Sam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 10:22 PM   #124
Bus Crazy
 
Diesel Dan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 1,489
Year: 1996
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: International
Engine: DT466/AT545
Re: Somewhereinusa

Oooh! Nice!

I'm going to file that idea away for future reference.
__________________
Gallery:
http://www.skoolie.net/gallery/v/Skooli ... l_dan_bus/
Conversion Thread:
viewtopic.php?t=4959
Diesel Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 09:42 PM   #125
Site Team
 
crazycal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 4,079
Re: Somewhereinusa

Quote:
Originally Posted by somewhereinusa
One of the prizes I found on our surplus excursion was a fantastic fan and motor with out the housing. Since I wanted to use the roof escape hatch it was just the thing.

Finished and mounted.



Switch detail



Fan and screen detail



Fan open for access to open hatch.



Dick

Great idea. I will be borrowing this one.
__________________
I'm hungry!

You Gotta Let Me Fly
crazycal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 04:59 PM   #126
Bus Nut
 
syke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: from: Prescott, AZ currently: Denver, CO
Posts: 468
Year: 1992
Coachwork: BlueBird
Chassis: All American RE
Engine: 8.3 Cummins
Rated Cap: 72
Re: Somewhereinusa

Looks great! Really nice work.
I want a roof hatch now.
__________________
Ryan
Bluebird All American RE: Great White Buffalo
Our build thread: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=10065
syke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 11:35 AM   #127
Bus Crazy
 
somewhereinusa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Andrews,Indiana
Posts: 1,456
Year: 1991
Coachwork: Bluebird
Chassis: AARE
Engine: 3116 Cat 250hp
Rated Cap: Her, me and Molly
Re: Somewhereinusa

Yippeeee, Since it's now warm out I figured I had better look into getting the boiler problems solved. The water leak that I thought was going to be a major pain to fix turned out to be stupidity on my part. I forgot to crimp one of the PEX clamps. On my first tries to fire the boiler last winter I kept getting an overheat fault code. This is usually due to poor water circulation, I rigged up a switch to manually torn on the water pump and added a bleed valve. I had thought that my original design wouldn't need a bleed valve, but it did the trick. I had heard that some people had an objection to the noise. The unit I have has a high and low, depending on water temp. While on start up and high it is some what noisy outside. Inside, even without a wall between me and it, I can hardly hear it run. On the low setting, outside it's quieter than many LP RV waters, inside you can hardly hear it. My exhaust goes out the top so the noise is high. Even on high it's no problem carrying on a normal conversation right beside the exhaust. My system used two heat exchangers. one for domestic hot water and the other is to get/send warm water from the engine. My domestic water was warm after about 10 minutes. Now I can seriously start work on the plumbing for the radiant heat.
somewhereinusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 11:43 AM   #128
Skoolie
 
travelinwithus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 238
Re: Somewhereinusa

Quote:
Originally Posted by somewhereinusa
Yippeeee, Since it's now warm out I figured I had better look into getting the boiler problems solved. The water leak that I thought was going to be a major pain to fix turned out to be stupidity on my part. I forgot to crimp one of the PEX clamps. On my first tries to fire the boiler last winter I kept getting an overheat fault code. This is usually due to poor water circulation, I rigged up a switch to manually torn on the water pump and added a bleed valve. I had thought that my original design wouldn't need a bleed valve, but it did the trick. I had heard that some people had an objection to the noise. The unit I have has a high and low, depending on water temp. While on start up and high it is some what noisy outside. Inside, even without a wall between me and it, I can hardly hear it run. On the low setting, outside it's quieter than many LP RV waters, inside you can hardly hear it. My exhaust goes out the top so the noise is high. Even on high it's no problem carrying on a normal conversation right beside the exhaust. My system used two heat exchangers. one for domestic hot water and the other is to get/send warm water from the engine. My domestic water was warm after about 10 minutes. Now I can seriously start work on the plumbing for the radiant heat.

Congrats on getting it working!
travelinwithus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 01:39 PM   #129
Bus Nut
 
wmkbailey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Frederick Maryland
Posts: 831
Year: 1999
Coachwork: Thomas
Engine: 3126
Rated Cap: 72
Re: Somewhereinusa

Hey Somewhere,

I see that you are using a Hydronic boilerfor hot water. Are you using it to heat the buss too? My bus has the 45,000 btu Webasto hydronic boiler, I want to use it to heat water, bus and engine for cold starts. I following Technomadia and want to use one gas source. Staying away from porpane.
__________________
William

visvi Cherokee for Journey, Sounds Like Oeesha

http://thejourneyvisvi.com/

My Conversion Thread:
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=464989
wmkbailey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 04:15 PM   #130
Bus Crazy
 
somewhereinusa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Andrews,Indiana
Posts: 1,456
Year: 1991
Coachwork: Bluebird
Chassis: AARE
Engine: 3116 Cat 250hp
Rated Cap: Her, me and Molly
Re: Somewhereinusa

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmkbailey
Hey Somewhere,

I see that you are using a Hydronic boilerfor hot water. Are you using it to heat the buss too? My bus has the 45,000 btu Webasto hydronic boiler, I want to use it to heat water, bus and engine for cold starts. I following Technomadia and want to use one gas source. Staying away from porpane.
I too am going for only one fuel. Hydronic for domestic hot water and heat. I have a heat exchanger between engine and boiler to get heat from engine while I'm driving. A marine hot water heater is 110v or an internal heat exchanger to get hot water from the boiler. Heat will be infloor as well as a separate heat/fan unit in each room. I don't have the heat in yet that's what I am working on now.
I did test fire the boiler and had warm domestic water in about 10 min. Not enough to use, but noticiblly warm. I had HOT water in about half an hour.
somewhereinusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
somewhereinUSA out and about somewhereinusa Conversion General Discussions 52 08-30-2016 08:33 AM
Props to be thrown to somewhereinusa bapos Forum Admin | Account Help | Suggestion Box 0 06-23-2013 10:54 AM

» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:19 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.