Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-26-2015, 06:43 AM   #41
Bus Geek

Year: 1999
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: Freighliner FS65
Engine: Cat 3126
Rated Cap: 15
When I vacationed in Germany a few years ago I learned that they often have shared bathrooms in europe. When drinking, the sink quickly became a urinal. Germans are known for their lax views of urination though.
Ever seen a "Le Pissoir"?
I've used this one in Dusseldorf before-

I also saw lots of public urination and worse in downtown Denver. The smells that bombard you at the 16th st mall are putrid! About every ten steps it hits you like mustard gas.

EastCoastCB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2015, 06:52 AM   #42
Bus Nut

Year: 1988
Coachwork: Blue Bird
Chassis: I.H.
Engine: DT360
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastCoastCB View Post
I also saw lots of public urination and worse in downtown Denver...
About every ten steps it hits you like mustard gas.
Are you sure that was the cause of the smell in Denver
HolyBus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2015, 01:16 PM   #43

Year: 1995
Chassis: 3800
Engine: DT408, AT545
Rated Cap: 23 500 gvw
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zephod_beeblebrox2 View Post
Don't be so prissy. Better to use the nutrients than dump it all at sea. It is organic and recyclable.

I'll be a priss if I want to.

Let me google that for you

You Gotta Let Me Fly
crazycal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2015, 07:44 AM   #44
Bus Nut

Year: 1994
Coachwork: carpenter
Chassis: international
Engine: 466dt
Rated Cap: 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazycal View Post
I'll be a priss if I want to.

Let me google that for you

You have s God given right to be as prissy as you want and I'm not even going to attempt to change that.

I'm quite happy to pee in my sink and use a bucket as a toilet ;)
Zephod_beeblebrox2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2015, 10:39 AM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zephod_beeblebrox2 View Post
You have s God given right to be as prissy as you want and I'm not even going to attempt to change that.

I'm quite happy to pee in my sink and use a bucket as a toilet ;)
That's not my concern. Using human waste for a garden that you intend to grow food is my concern.

You Gotta Let Me Fly
Old 03-27-2015, 12:07 PM   #46
Bus Geek

Year: 1992
Coachwork: Bluebird
Chassis: TC2000 FE
Engine: 190hp 5.9 Cummins
Rated Cap: 72
Quote:
That's not my concern. Using human waste for a garden that you intend to grow food is my concern.
98% of all eggs eaten and sold here in Alberta Canada are produced by the hutterites.
https://www.google.ca/search?q=hutte...aSDcKENq3hgYgI

They spread every bit of material the comes from their homes septic tanks directly onto the fields. They are not picky about what field. Sometimes it's onto the human food gardens of which the produce is sold directly to the public.

Nat

Patently waiting for the apocalypses to level the playing field in this physiological game of life commonly known as Civilization
nat_ster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2015, 04:51 PM   #47
Bus Nut

Engine: DT408
Quote:
Germans are known for their lax views of urination though.
I also saw lots of public urination and worse in downtown Denver.
Saw the same thing in Bordeaux. And in Tulsa. Guess some people just don't have any control.
I am an sojourner in the earth; hide not Your Commandments from me. Psalm 119:19

Here is the patience of the saints; here are the ones keeping the commandments of YAHWEH, and the faith of Yahshua. Rev. 14:12
sojourner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2015, 05:27 PM   #48

Nat .. the comment about the hutterite eggs is 100 percent false . Please make sure you are aware of what you are saying before you say it . Thanks
Mike_Sowden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2015, 05:44 PM   #49

Also the human waste on human crops from the hutterites is also false information . I grew up on a acreage 2 kms down the road from a colony and work for them in the summers . Also currently my mother in law is a school teacher for two different colony's .. We are often invited in the summer for dinners and colony events . I assure you they spread pig waste in the grow feilds as it provides the richest soil . The human waste is never spread on the feild . Also unless you by the eggs from the hutterites thats the only time you are eating hutterite eggs . Simply read packages for origin .
Old 03-27-2015, 06:00 PM   #50
Bus Geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike_Sowden View Post
Also the human waste on human crops from the hutterites is also false information . I grew up on a acreage 2 kms down the road from a colony and work for them in the summers . Also currently my mother in law is a school teacher for two different colony's .. We are often invited in the summer for dinners and colony events . I assure you they spread pig waste in the grow feilds as it provides the richest soil . The human waste is never spread on the feild . Also unless you by the eggs from the hutterites thats the only time you are eating hutterite eggs . Simply read packages for origin .
Before I moved out of Westlock, I worked with the Pibroch Alberta Hutterites twice a month or more on various specialty welding jobs. I have eaten, drank, and worked with them. I have attended weddings, funerals, ect.

They are good skilled people. I have more respect for many of them than I do the general public. The system of group living truly works for them.

The Hutterites have the contract to Loblaw Foods, Walmart, ect. Another name they are sold under is "Sparks egg farms".

Every colony specializes in different industry's. Some have fabrication shops, some raise pigs, some chickens and egg chickens.

If the Hutterites only sold eggs directly to the public, how would the Pibroch Alberta Hutterites colony sell 17,000 dozen eggs a month?

This is nothing new here in Alberta. The Hutterites have been supplying most the eggs eaten in Alberta for decades.

Not just in Alberta either. Manitoba Canada, and Montana USA.
https://www.minneapolisfed.org/publi...but-successful

https://www.google.ca/search?q=what+...erites&spell=1

I know my facts. Do you?

Nat

Patently waiting for the apocalypses to level the playing field in this physiological game of life commonly known as Civilization
Old 03-27-2015, 06:12 PM   #51

To shay ! I apologize .
Old 03-27-2015, 06:15 PM   #52

However the human waste issue .. if the colony is selling food grown on the colony for profit . That colony must be subject to heath inspections . Even if they are classified as a religious or ethnic group . I dont see the human waste slipping under the radar . Maybe at that colony but at the others I have been to and worked at no .
Old 03-27-2015, 06:16 PM   #53

Thoughts ?
Old 03-27-2015, 06:26 PM   #54
Bus Geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike_Sowden View Post
Thoughts ?
I would say it will vary from worker to worker, colony to colony.
Sometimes the guy spreading the $hit has had a few to many before heading out. Or they have been doing it for decades and think nothing of it.

Yes, they are subject to inspections like all commercial industry. However, the inspector will never be there on poop pumping day.

Nat

Old 03-27-2015, 07:05 PM   #55
Bus Nut

Engine: DT408
At the end of the day the only danger with pathogens is if there are sick people. Also, if applied before the land is tilled and planted and given some time to decompose there's very little danger involved, especially if the soil is a very microbially active natural soil. Now, spraying raw sewage over sprouted plants, now that's nuther' story all together. Probably the biggest waste there is in North America is the way we handle waste. We take ourselves out of the nutrient cycle only to add chemicals to replenish what is missing. Makes no sense.
I am an sojourner in the earth; hide not Your Commandments from me. Psalm 119:19

Here is the patience of the saints; here are the ones keeping the commandments of YAHWEH, and the faith of Yahshua. Rev. 14:12
sojourner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2015, 09:11 PM   #56
Skoolie

Year: 1993
Engine: 5.9 Cummins
Rated Cap: 66 Passenger
Quote:
Peeing in the kitchen sink is where you wash your dishes is bad enough but using human compost to grow your food is downright disturbing.
I find it even more disturbing that most people believe chemical fertilizers are perfectly fine to use. What is it about our mental capacity that allows us to believe it is ok to use cow/horse manure for fertilizer but using our own own waste is an act of disgust. Here's a bit of info for you. The Humanure Handbook - Instructional Manual
Old 03-27-2015, 09:18 PM   #57
Skoolie

Year: 1993
Engine: 5.9 Cummins
Rated Cap: 66 Passenger
Quote:
Some actual info on human waste as fertilizer-
The Stink About Human Poop As Fertilizer - Modern Farmer

Our town has a garden fertilized with human waste right at the treatment facility.
Some good info here too...Thanks!!
Old 03-28-2015, 04:45 AM   #58
Site Team

Year: 1988
Coachwork: ward
Chassis: international
Engine: dt360a
Rated Cap: 65
do yall eat rice, swai, or other eastern grown foods? hmmmm
claydbal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2015, 10:23 AM   #59

I'm a priss, apparently not eco-friendly and done with this thread because I don't feel like substituting fermented crap for Nutella. Like I said before, knock yourself out.

You Gotta Let Me Fly
Old 03-28-2015, 10:41 AM   #60
Bus Geek

Quote:
I'm a priss, apparently not eco-friendly and done with this thread because I don't feel like substituting fermented crap for Nutella. Like I said before, knock yourself out.
Lol.

All good folks.

Nat