Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-12-2017, 01:32 PM   #21
Skoolie

Year: 93
Coachwork: Amtran
Chassis: International
Engine: 7.3 idi
Although i plan on living im mine. You guys are just out for a real good time. Sure its gonna be awesome

Greatestrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2017, 07:44 AM   #22
Mini-Skoolie

Year: 1997
Coachwork: Bluebird
Chassis: GMC
Engine: CAT 3116
Rated Cap: 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatestrr View Post
Haha yeah I'm talking about motorcycles. I have a hitch rated for 5,000 lbs so i can put 2 bike on a rack back there easy. Figured it'd leave a lot more room inside.
AH! that would be nice. If you get that figured out, let me know! I need to save space for a bed.
svstorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2017, 08:18 AM   #23
Mini-Skoolie

Year: 1997
Coachwork: Bluebird
Chassis: GMC
Engine: CAT 3116
Rated Cap: 63
I lost track of what day it is but I have 22 days 13 hours and 9 minutes until I leave. My buddies and I have been working as much as we can. Its hard for all of us to be there at the same time because two of them work 10 and 12 hour days in factory. Another guy and I work Mon - Fri. So I'm not working alone. Since the last update We got a table put in. We recycled two of the better looking seats. It wasn't too bad. We only had to drill two new holes and we used the existing mounting hardware to put it in. We also put in a couter top

We scheduled our appointment for this saturday to get our bus painted primer grey. We can always paint it something else later down the road, but this will get us on the road. It will no longer be "national school bus yellow".

More updates. Hitch came in last night. Window tinting came in. Flushed coolant one more time. We got a newer used tire for the Driver side rear inside. The mechanic said it was fine but probably needed replaced because of the cracks. We also got the front driver side tire swapped out. total cost was 195 out the door. 30 bucks to swap a tire and 150 for a used tire. So now we have two spares if something happens.

My neighbor owns a couple businesses. One of them is a plumbing business. He stopped by and offered to help with finding us a toilet with a step and getting us some pex tubing. I have used pex in my house and was really easy. I just need to think of an idea for tanks. I really enjoyed watching Bob Dorris Jr Youtube videos and think i will copy him and his entire bus. Skip to 12:50

One more update. I covered the flashing lights. They are tinted really black. I would like to buy clear covers in the future. and take the relays out. I know there is a thread on here somewhere but for time sake, I will leave them tinted.

svstorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2020, 04:50 PM   #24
Mini-Skoolie

Year: 1984
Coachwork: International Harvester
Chassis: S1753
Engine: V8 6.9L
What Documents Did You Need When You Got It Registered? I’m In Illinois As Well.
NfiniteMile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2020, 06:08 PM   #25
Skoolie

Year: 2006
Coachwork: International
Engine: DT466
Rated Cap: 30
Glad you guys had a good experience with State Farm. I will never use them again. I had been a good customer for 14 years. Then one night our car was broke into and set on fire by vandals. The police suspected they thought our car belonged to a cop down the way. State Farm denied our claim and accused us of setting the fire ourselves. We walked away and will never go back.

Good looking bus though!!
witchywoman is offline   Reply With Quote