Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-31-2008, 08:08 PM   #81
Bus Nut

Re: The "Behemoth" comes to life....

It's not completed yet, but close enough...I'm going to move aboard it this weekend, sell off the TT...

You just might be a Redneck if...
...your motor home used to be a school bus!
...Your living room has a steering wheel!
...Your home has brake lights

1994 Jeep Grand Cherokee
1989 Thomas Diesel Pusher (Cat 3208/Freightliner)
Chesapeake, Virginia
GoneCamping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2008, 09:23 PM   #82
Bus Nut

While my bus is still a work in progress, it's done enough for me to use it, and as a full timer I moved out of my 24' Travel Trailer and moved aboard my 34' bus on Saturday. I went to the shop on Saturday morning, fired the bus up and pulled it out into the middle of the parking lot, pulled the Jeep up behind it and hooked the tow bar, safety cables, and light wires up, and took off up the road. Boy that bus smoked something awful, at least when I first started down the road it did. Billowing white smoke for about a half mile or so. Guess that is from sitting in the parking lot for 2.5 years and only moving around at parking lot speeds. By the time I got it up on the hiway the smoke pretty much had disappeared!!

The campground I've been at for the last 2 years won't let me work on it in there, so I am at a Mobile Home park that has RV hook-up's...

1994 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Chesapeake, Virginia
Old 04-06-2008, 10:57 PM   #83
Skoolie

Hey congrats on the finished product. Move in must be a nice feeling. When are we having a house warming party?
reprobate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 09:49 PM   #84
Bus Nut

Oddly enough I haven't had the time to sit back and enjoy it yet. Been busy moving things out of the TT every evening after work, getting in around 8-8:30pm and start dinner. Got the TT done this evening, moved it out of the campsite and into the storage lot...I get to relax tomorrow night (Friday), and on Saturday I get to start getting things in the bus squared away!!

1994 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Chesapeake, Virginia
Old 01-09-2009, 08:56 PM   #85
Bus Nut

Re: The "Behemoth" is For Sale...

After 9 months of living aboard it, I've found bigger digs and ready to let this one go. So it is now for sale. It is still not completed, needs some interior trim, needs the undercarriage storage bay completed, needs the shower feeds plumbed in, needs a mattress, and other comsmetic work.

3208 Caterpillar (Naturally Aspirated), runs great, starts every time. Smokes when cold but that goes away once it's warmed up. Seems to be governed at 60mph, I can't get it any faster than that.

Automatic Trans (I believe it's an Allison), works well, shifts smoothly.

Safety Vision rear camera & monitor.

36 gallon Black tank

36 gallon Greay tank

Fresh tank not installed, but available if you want it, can fit under the bed in the back.

Propane system is not functional, I never ran the lines. It's there, and comes with a propane stove top that is installed but not piped, also has a propane furnace that is not installed. Water heater takes both propane or 120vac electric, propane is NOT hooked up to that either. Will throw in a LP detector also (not installed).

AM/FM coach radio over driver seat.

Air Brakes (nees one brake chamber mounting bracket replaced, the one that is there is functional as it's been welded, but would need replacing.

Tires are 90%...

New Fuel Filter (less than 25 miles on current filter)...

One roof top A/C 13.5k BTU, one window A/C in rear 5k BTU...

Central electric heat thermistat to control up to 2 electric heaters (1500W max)

Sell for $6500... As-Is, needs completing. It has NOT been titled as a MH, but it may be possible.

Sorry, no deliveries - local pick-up only, no buyers from Afrika wanting a money back scheme!! Cash Talks, certified funds will work but FCU wants to hold it for 5 days til the check clears. Other payment options may be availabe...

1994 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Chesapeake, Virginia
Old 02-02-2009, 10:16 PM   #86
Almost There

Coachwork: na
Chassis: na
Engine: na
Send a message via Yahoo to drchefscott

Cliff,

The Behemoth is beautiful. I also have plans to start my renovation from the rear forward. We will see. Au Naturals 1st job will be to act as a moving truck to get me back to Florida in May, then once unloaded, the fun will begin. Thanks for the DETAILED pictures. It helps me so much when I can see what others have done thru steps. Give me better ideas. Thats what I'm going to do. Start a file with pictures from day 1- Completion with details and dates. That way once I'm done I will have a picture photo album to share with others and if I ever do sell, something I can pass onto the next owner. What is your next project? I have a question. I see a full sized house fridge in there. How do you power it?

Scott
drchefscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 09:54 PM   #87
Bus Nut

It's not exactly a full sized fridge, it's about 3/4 size, 10 Cu Ft Magic Chef from Home Depot, paid $299 if I remember correctly. It powers only at 120vac, but I'm not all that mobile with the bus. My trips are usually around 2 hours at the most, so it'll keep it's cool that long. I also have a generator so if I need a longer run I can run it from the Gennie...

1994 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Chesapeake, Virginia
Old 03-24-2009, 10:07 PM   #88
Bus Nut

Well, it's offical now, I posted an add on Norfolk Craigslist this evening...

***SIGH***

I really hate to see this go, I've poured my heart and soul into this thing!!

Bus Sale Page

Craigslist Ad

1994 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Chesapeake, Virginia
Old 04-11-2009, 10:14 AM   #89
Bus Nut

Nice work on that bus Cliff. I noticed the sale page has been "deleted by author" so it looks like a sale was made. Congratulations.
Abbott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 09:21 PM   #90
Bus Nut

No, it's still for sale. I delete the listing every few days and relist it, this brings it back to the top. I've had 2 phone calls and several emails, but no serious bites yet. I'm now considering listing it on ebay and see what happens. I figure I can put it there with a $5,000 opening bid with no reserve and see what happens... hopefully it'll go up from there.

1994 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Chesapeake, Virginia