Old 05-26-2006, 06:14 PM   #151
Bus Nut

Year: 1982
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: IH S1723
Engine: IH V345 Gas V8
Rated Cap: 66
Pretty awesome flame there, fella! Kinda looks like what my little Ford mini did when it backfired out the carb! I suppose the marshmallows don't stand a chance, do they?
Old 05-29-2006, 11:48 AM   #152
Bus Geek

Had a good time this weekend at the Detroit Electronic Music Festival...

THIS IS WHY I BUILT A BUS!!

Old 05-31-2006, 09:14 AM   #153
Skoolie

Lapeer , My Hats off to ya....
You are the man....wowser
Old 05-31-2006, 10:56 PM   #154
Bus Geek

Send a message via MSN to the_experience03 Send a message via Yahoo to the_experience03
I think you need to trek to the Mesabi Iron Range of Minnesota for the 4th of July. I'll introduce you to the infamous Eveleth Clown Band http://www.toecb.com of which I am a member

One benefit...you won't have to put your beer in a brown paper bag. That girl is being DAMN stealthy

BTW....bring your play toys since Gilbert, Minnesota is home to the only public off highway vehicle park in the state. Nothing beats a state park that's free to use any time you want provided you pay the $38 every three years to have an OHV license for your vehicle.
Old 06-01-2006, 10:41 AM   #155
Bus Crazy

Send a message via AIM to Steve
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_experience03
pay the $38 every three years to have an OHV license for your vehicle.
Is that a minnesota thing?
Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2006, 08:56 PM   #156
Bus Geek

Send a message via MSN to the_experience03 Send a message via Yahoo to the_experience03
That it is. It's akin to registering your ATV. My truck is actually categorized as having "Dual Registration" because I have regular on highway plates which I renew every year as well as having the aforementioned OHV sticker (and an IROHVRA Sound and Safety sticker) in the upper left hand corner of my plate on the rear. TECHNICALLY you need it to drive anywhere in Minnesota that's not an official highway. This means the fire trails, logging roads, etc. I don't think the DNR gets too uppity about it as long as you are following T.R.E.A.D. Lightly! protocol. You do, however, need it to get into the ofrfroad park, but there is no limit on usage, no parking fee, etc. It really is an amazing opprotunity, especially with more parks to open in the next 10 years in the state.

Bottom line...you can pay $40 to play at a private offroad park for a DAY in some places or pay about that for 3 years in Minnesota. On top of that, it's a positive thing for the hobby as tourism and responsible wheeling are great economy boosters.

I know TRX has been out there. I would invite anyone else with an interest to go play if they're ever in the area for any reason. There's even a campground with an OHV trail running right to it so you don't have to touch pavement with your dirtbike, atv, jeep, truck, etc.

The pictures don't do the area justice, but....

http://www.dnr.state.mn.us/ohv/iron_range/index.html

*out of state registrations for OHV's will be honored (i.e. no need to buy a Minnesota license)
Old 06-01-2006, 10:05 PM   #157
Bus Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_experience03
I would invite anyone else with an interest to go play if they're ever in the area for any reason. There's even a campground with an OHV trail running right to it so you don't have to touch pavement with your dirtbike, atv, jeep, truck, etc.

The pictures don't do the area justice, but....

http://www.dnr.state.mn.us/ohv/iron_range/index.html

*out of state registrations for OHV's will be honored (i.e. no need to buy a Minnesota license)

I wanna go! Jason get that Chevy finished and we can take that, my Raptor and the busses out there (or maybe just one of the busses since fuel costs so damm much)

Come on you know you wanna.
Old 06-08-2006, 03:09 PM   #158
Bus Geek

i think i'm gonna start a bit of a remodel project in the bus tomorrow. I currently have dry seating for about 12. I think i'm going to remove 1 bench seat thus elimating capacity for about 4 passengers. in it's place, i want to build a cabinet that covers my veggie oil tanks, and the boiler. I also want to add some much needed cabinet space, then install my tv, dvd player, a sink, small grey water tank, and a place for the elctric griddle and coffee maker.
Old 06-08-2006, 03:32 PM   #159
Bus Crazy

Send a message via AIM to Steve
The biggest problem with my bus is the lack of seating. A lot of time everyone wants to go for a ride and I end up having people standing up or craming in the bunks.
Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 04:48 PM   #160
Bus Geek

I though i'd describe in better detail some of the systems in the bus. I'll do the post now, then edit and add photos later. I'll start with jacuzzi stuff....

Jacuzzi Electrical:
I removed the twin 220 volt pumps, and replaced them with smaller 110 volt pumps. The pumps will run off of my 2000 watt inverter,my honda eu2000 generator, or shore power. All circuits for safety will soon be connected to a GFCI

Jacuzzi Heat:
While driving, I utilize engine heat, but that's old news. When parked, I use a fuel oil boiler. The boiler is connected inline with one of the jacuzzi pumps. I bought a fancy digital temperature controller to keep the hot tub at proper temperature. For fuel, the boiler is connected to the bus' stock fuel tank. It burns a max of 1 gallon per hour, but it takes less than an hour to heat the jacuzzi from 55 degrees (our approx ground water temp) to 105 degrees. The boiler is one of my favorite projects in the bus.

Jacizzi Filtering:
I use the exact same type filters for the jacuzzi that i use for filtering veggie oil. They are 20 micron filters and do an excellent job creating crystal clear water. The boiler does introduce a bit of rust and debris into the water, so i installed a filter downstream of the boiler that does an excellent job removeing inpurities.