Old 09-07-2007, 09:28 PM   #211
Bus Geek

Re: The Black Plague II (The new Jacuzzi Bus)

i'm really excited about that 60 footer. I think i'd try and repair the existing a/c system rather than tear it out. I just spent another 2 weeks in the desert in a black bus without air.

hopefully everything works out.

just druving the 1,000 miles to LA and checking the bus out is a big adventure. It's kind of like getting to base camp below mt everest. It may be that after checking her over real good that i'm not interested. My primary concern is that i'll purchase the bus then something really expensive is gonna break ie: trans, engine, pivot joint....if any of those three give out when i'm halfway home the bus is only worth whatever the price of scrap metal is that day. That's the risk we all take when purchasing any bus, skoolie or not.

would you say she seemed to be in excellent shape mechanically on teh drive from minesota to lousinia? except for the few connections you had to stop and clean?

if all goes as planned i would like to come look at her and most likely purchase her by the end of september. Things could get delayed by a couple weeks. I'm sure you know how that is.
Old 09-10-2007, 01:06 PM   #212
Bus Crazy

Send a message via AIM to Steve

If you want to take the bus with it's new paint job out for one last party, the Iowa - Iowa State game this weekend I expect there may be up to 200 skoolies in attendance and one heck of a party at tailgating.
Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 09:05 PM   #213
Bus Geek

as much as i'd love too, i am already committed at a chairity event. some beer for boobs fundraiser for breast cancer. I'm all about supporting the boobies! i am taking a busload of women out on a bar crawl.

this will be the first time i've been busless in several years, but it's only temporary.
Old 09-11-2007, 08:04 PM   #214
Bus Geek

tomorrow (wednessday) my bus building buddy jim is joining me a little after 6am. Now the rebuilding process is gonna get serious! Jimbo and i built all three of my jacuzzi buses together.

I need to get some photos....

so far the outside has all been prepped, masked and repainted black. Tomorrow i need to repaint flames and clearcoat, then unmask and re-install all the lights. Later this week i need to go to the glass shop and replace a few broken windows. I'm hard on windows. I bet i replaced at least 6 in my old skoolie over the couple years i had her. I think i have 5 broken windows right now. They're not broken out, just cracked.

The big project tomorrow is gonna be gutting the interior of the bus and cleaning so we can start over. I'll leave the jacuzzi inside, as well as a few other things that are bolted down. All of the other seating, the freezer, rugs, tools, ect will be removed so we can spray her from the ceilign down with a garden hose and pretty much start over on the interior. I think the paint on the ceiling is in good enough shape that i won't have to re-paint. I'm gonna repaint the walls, add some cool lighting, tidy up the electrical, make sleeping for several adults, create a toneau cover over the jacuzzi, blah blah blah...

i'll take photos of the process, and more importantly of the finished product.

i'm trying to do all of this within the next 10 days, and with spending under $1K. Already spent about half that budget just on paint and a few other things. Then it's off to EBAY so i can get the $$ to buy that 60 footer of mac's.
Old 09-12-2007, 05:32 AM   #215
Bus Nut

Good luck on the sale Jason. I hope it works out for you, I can't wait to see what you do with the 60footer if you get it.
bdavis441 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 06:09 PM   #216
Bus Geek

today was really a lot of work!

phillbus stopped by, and so did my buddy jimbo. we went to town on the bus shortly before 7am. Removing all the stuff from burningman, then to removing/dissassembling EVERYTHING inside. The bus is a lot more roomy when there is nothing inside (except jacuzzi) Even removed the drivers seat.

To my suprise, the floor i had installed didn't do it's job in regards to the water and it was all wet. i used osb, and it doesn't do well with water. We tore out the entire floor. That was a huge unexpected project. The stock bus floor seems to be doing just fine.

I went to home depot and bought some vinyl flooring in 12 foot rolls. We were able to get the walls inside all re-painted, and the new flooring mostly installed. I ran out of glue, but we laid out the flooring and got it all cut to size. That vinly flooring is really easy to work with, and i think it'll be an excellent floor for the jacuzzi bus.

the list of things to do is too long to post, but the bus has to be back in service for the gig i have planned on saturday nite.

tomorrow i should finish up the exterior painting and re-install all the lights. Then get the floor finished, drivers seat/seat belt installed. Re-install all of my florescent lighting, do some electrical, buy the steel for the new seats, blah blah blah...i'll post photos
Old 09-19-2007, 02:04 PM   #217
Bus Geek

I need to post the new interior photos.....she's looking better, but still has a long ways to go.

here's a video i shot yesterday of the exterior of the bus. it's my first attempt, hopefully the video's get better as i get more practice

Old 09-19-2007, 02:50 PM   #218
Bus Crazy

Send a message via AIM to Steve

Great video, makes me want to buy it.
Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 06:59 PM   #219
Bus Nut

Heh, good job!
Abbott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 12:49 PM   #220
Bus Nut

Year: 1993
Coachwork: Carpenter
Chassis: International
Engine: 7.3 International diesel
Rated Cap: 60

WOO HOO! The exterior is looking pretty good! I loved the video. My wife was like "WTF are you watching now"? She just doesn't understand.
http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i2...DSC02426-1.jpg
KC10Chief is offline   Reply With Quote