Re: The Black Plague II (The new Jacuzzi Bus)
the saga continues and the bus driver becomes more skeptical.
from the beginning.....
bus sold for buy it now, instant $1K recieved via paypal about 1am on friday nite (saturday morning)
sent buyer an e-mail including my phone number
later that day the buyer calls me about 10 am on saturday.
the owner had one of his employees who was gonna fly into the local airport on sunday to inspect, pay for, and pick up the bus.
I had to call and reschedule for 2 reasons. 1. I lost the title and had to wait until monday to get a new one. 2. I want to do the exchange during banking hours so i can call and veryify the cashiers check.
he called back and said that monday (today) was good for his driver, would call back with flight times as i agreed to pick him up from the airport
sunday i got a message requesting the vin so he can get the vehicle insured and i sent him the requested info he also asked for the name that should appear on the cashiers check
late at nite on sunday i get a call saying his driver bailed out on him and he had to cancel the flight. He's gonna work at finding another driver.
monday morning 0903 michigan secretary of state (dmv) opens,
0907 i have the new title in my hands.
Sent the buyer a text message saying that i am willing to deliver the bus
he texts back that he can't turn down free help
i responded that i didn't say i'd do it for free, but i'd do it cheap @ $1/mile
so this is where we are at.
if i deliver the vehicle, i will require at a minimum the $700 delivery fee via paypal before the journey begins. That would bring the total the buyer has paid me to $1,700. That would indicate to me that he is in fact serious.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes (who will watch the watchmen?)