Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-25-2017, 09:20 PM   #21
Mini-Skoolie

Year: 2001
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: International 3800
Engine: T444E
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptSquid View Post
Now, put those boys of yours to work.
Oh yeah, they dig in like good little budding grease monkeys!

UrsaLunar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2017, 08:53 AM   #22
Mini-Skoolie

We had a deal. Thomas would not come home until he had been painted and the piles of crap in the yard went bye-bye. I Should have known that visiting family for several days would "nullify" that in someone's mind.
Admittedly it does make Thomas easier to work on. This summer has been so rainy finding a full 3 hours to do some sanding and painting - especially finding time that is weather & light-wise consistent - has made this year's "leg" of the project much more drawn out than it should have been.

The above is what I came home to - the neighbors now hate us, well two of the neighborhood wives do (oddly just a couple of the ones with small kids ... with age does the "keeping up with the Joneses" attitude die off?), a couple of husbands have stopped by to ask interested questions - one was even thinking of going the skoolie route!
They really cannot say too much though. It's registered, insured, we're actively working on getting it painted and inspection-worthy, and the color is obviously one that will blend with the surroundings when done.
Now though Thomas is even less pretty; there are spots of black Rust Reformer, some of the green has been sanded away because of drips, more windows masked off in bright white and blue ...
I'm trying to work on it every moment but the snottiest of the young mothers gets the side facing her house done last. Harumph.
And the piles of crap? The hubs is on vaca the next two weeks ... Those piles will be gone. But he's also doing stuff with Things 1 & 2 before school starts so I don't expect him to work on Thomas daily.

Oh! And I bought *my* first power tool yesterday! (Apparently an industrial sewing machine doesn't count) Was looking for a hand-held sander and came across oscillating multi-tools. The crafter in me is all a'twitter. Cannot wait for the rain the clear up.
Old 08-13-2017, 04:57 PM   #23
Bus Crazy

Year: 2003
Chassis: HDX
Engine: Cat C7
Rated Cap: 84 passenger
Things 1 and 2, these are the two who insist on calling the color "Or-e-GAHN-o", right?

UrsaLunar, I thank you most profusely for your command of the English language. I can actually UNDERSTAND what you're trying to convey.
CaptSquid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2017, 08:41 PM   #24
Mini-Skoolie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptSquid View Post
Things 1 and 2, these are the two who insist on calling the color "Or-e-GAHN-o", right?
And the oldest of the three is the Cat in the Hat.
Old 08-13-2017, 08:43 PM   #25
Mini-Skoolie

I feel like we're starting to see Thomas come to life ...