I got a few things done this weekend:
First off, modified dragonpop's class 5 hitch so it fits onto a bluebird chassis. I think it will probably be strong enough.
Next was get a little more done on the bunks. I picked up the slats for the frames, and installed them with the slat retainers to allow them to go vertical. The kids were pretty excited about this.
I started fabricating the mount points and structure for the overhead bins up front, and the overall framing for walls and structure in the bus. I'm starting at the front, I guess.
This picture is a little weird, the angle exactly lines up with some other stuff. Anyway, the horizontal bar is just resting there as a guide for squareness - but it does represent the inner angle section of the overhead bin. There will be a plywood "floor" in the overhead bin. The lower section you can touch when sitting in the seat will have some upholstery on it, as well as overhead lights and vents.
I'll probably leave out the fasten seatbelts and no smoking signs. ;)
The curb side has two rows of seats, but basically the same setup.
I know I already posted a picture of the bay, but even with the weather and rain it's stayed dry.