Old 04-02-2015, 06:33 PM   #401
Skoolie

Year: 1998
Coachwork: Blue Bird
Chassis: TC2000 Rear engine
Engine: Cummins 8.3; MD3060
Rated Cap: 84
Hey, just got an idea how to deal with your storage tank. You can have heavy duty poly bag attached to your piston/cylinder and all the poop will be pushed into this bag. You can also reduce cylinder opening to let's say 2". When bag is full you can simply pick it up and dispose.

The only problem I can see is where to dispose this bag full of poop?
Old 04-02-2015, 06:54 PM   #402
Skoolie

I love both of your engineering ideas! Just one flaw I see. You have young girls in your tribe. Their 'exit drains' for #1 &#2 are very close together. Young children also don't usually sit very far back on the seat. While that divided seat will likely work well for most adults, what are your plans when solid waste lands in section #1? You may be better without a permanent diverter. You could put a porta-potty style urinal in a hidden 'closet' for men and boys...

(I had a dry bucket toilet for two years. I know where sh** lands when the grand-darlings visited. . )

For other dry ideas- one of my favorite designs to steal from is the Thunderbox Toilet detailed in the book "The Self Sufficient Life and How To Live It" by John Seymour.
I particular like his simple venting system. <tried to add pic. Failed> will try again.
Old 04-02-2015, 07:01 PM   #403
Skoolie

Let's see if this works...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (263.0 KB, 60 views)
Old 04-02-2015, 07:02 PM   #404
Site Team

Coachwork: Bluebird
Chassis: TC2000 RE
Engine: 8.3l Cummins
Rated Cap: 78
I remember running across a kid's seat adapter for exactly what you describe:

Separett Child Seat - Red

If the turds get in the #1 spot, I'll be scoopin' them out I suppose. I'm not really afraid of turds. We have dogs, cats, chickens, and kids right now so for me, poop is like the sun, wind, water and earth. It's just a thing. A force of nature, if you will.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SassyLass View Post
I love both of your engineering ideas! Just one flaw I see. You have young girls in your tribe. Their 'exit drains' for #1 &#2 are very close together. Young children also don't usually sit very far back on the seat. While that divided seat will likely work well for most adults, what are your plans when solid waste lands in section #1? You may be better without a permanent diverter. You could put a porta-potty style urinal in a hidden 'closet' for men and boys...

(I had a dry bucket toilet for two years. I know where sh** lands when the grand-darlings visited. . )

For other dry ideas- one of my favorite designs to steal from is the Thunderbox Toilet detailed in the book "The Self Sufficient Life and How To Live It" by John Seymour.
I particular like his simple venting system. <tried to add pic. Failed> will try again.
aaronsb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2015, 07:33 PM   #405
Skoolie

More power to you, great attitude!

Kids diverter- great idea.

Did you catch the pressure sensitive switch in that 9200 that opens the poop-chute and activates the exhaust fan? That sounds like it could be incorporated in your ideas too.
Old 04-02-2015, 07:59 PM   #406
Skoolie

I still can't get what you are going to do with your waste? As I recall my memory you can't throw poop at garbage station in Canada.

The picture above shows poop house frome vilage. We all used to have this kinda washrooms back then. I remember "braking mountains" in winter time when I was in army and i was on duty.

Right now we have dump stations which are conveniently located near parks and some gas stations have them. They will take liquid enough waste this is why black tank must have enough liquids. Thick stuff simply won't go there.....

If you live stationary in the vilage you just dig hole big enough and use it for 10 years. Are you going to dig a hole near your bus every time you park?
Old 04-02-2015, 10:02 PM   #407
Bus Nut

Year: 1988
Chassis: I.H.
Engine: DT360
Sounds like the solution in Canada is to eat more Mexican food to keep the solution more liquified. Then a dump station would be more adaptable?
HolyBus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2015, 10:04 PM   #408
Site Team

Here's a great video about poop on the poop.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlad View Post
I still can't get what you are going to do with your waste? As I recall my memory you can't throw poop at garbage station in Canada.

The picture above shows poop house frome vilage. We all used to have this kinda washrooms back then. I remember "braking mountains" in winter time when I was in army and i was on duty.

Right now we have dump stations which are conveniently located near parks and some gas stations have them. They will take liquid enough waste this is why black tank must have enough liquids. Thick stuff simply won't go there.....

If you live stationary in the vilage you just dig hole big enough and use it for 10 years. Are you going to dig a hole near your bus every time you park?
Old 04-03-2015, 01:34 AM   #409
Skoolie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronsb View Post
Here's a great video about poop on the poop.

I watch the video and it is ok to me... I can live with this but......

I sent the link to my wife and here is her rated answer(she originally replied in russian but I asked her to do the same in english):

.....this if freaking gross, I hope you are not putting this ugly stinky thingy in our bus. And why English, is my Russian so bad?
No seriously, you are NOT NOT NOT putting this. If you had told me that you were going to put this in our bus, I would have told you to stick it up your a**!!! I said: NO, this is NOT going into our bus. Think of something better!

I can clearly see she was pissed and perplexed....

Now you know why I will go conventional way.......
Old 04-03-2015, 03:17 AM   #410
Site Team

So, I just noticed that the woman in the video doesn't have any of the ventilation fans hooked up. She's just storing wet turds in a box. It MUST dry out, it's like a poo dehydrator and the reduction in moisture is what reduces the pathogen risk as well.

I don't know what she's thinking but it shouldn't be wet and sloppy. Once it's dried down with the fluff material it starts to act like damp soil, and smells like soil as well. (not poop)

The response from your wife is priceless.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlad View Post
I watch the video and it is ok to me... I can live with this but......

I sent the link to my wife and here is her rated answer(she originally replied in russian but I asked her to do the same in english):

.....this if freaking gross, I hope you are not putting this ugly stinky thingy in our bus. And why English, is my Russian so bad?
No seriously, you are NOT NOT NOT putting this. If you had told me that you were going to put this in our bus, I would have told you to stick it up your a**!!! I said: NO, this is NOT going into our bus. Think of something better!

I can clearly see she was pissed and perplexed....

Now you know why I will go conventional way.......