Old 07-25-2016, 10:31 PM   #791
Skoolie

Year: 1993
Coachwork: BlueBird
Chassis: GMC
Engine: GMC
Rated Cap: 42
You are so right and not just about toilets but about the whole rebuilding process. If the wife's expression is "priceless" (good) then go for it, if the wife's expression is "priceless" (bad) then find another way. If you are going to live with another person in a skoolie then everyone has to agree.
JA Savage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2016, 10:35 PM   #792
Skoolie

Year: 1998
Coachwork: Blue Bird
Chassis: TC2000 Rear engine
Engine: Cummins 8.3; MD3060
Rated Cap: 84
Quote:
Originally Posted by JA Savage View Post
You are so right and not just about toilets but about the whole rebuilding process. If the wife's expression is "priceless" (good) then go for it, if the wife's expression is "priceless" (bad) then find another way. If you are going to live with another person in a skoolie then everyone has to agree.
It was like in the Godfather movie " she made me an offer I couldn't refuse". So it was clear.... "you want to live one more day..... never even say this....."
Vlad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2016, 11:41 AM   #793

You rock...

OK, just binge-read your entire build thus far. I've dreamed of a skoolie for years, and your build gets my mental gears spinning again. Certainly going to draw a lot of inspiration from your bus when I get one of my own...
Witzend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2016, 08:43 PM   #794
Site Team

Coachwork: Bluebird
Chassis: TC2000 RE
Engine: 8.3l Cummins
Rated Cap: 78
Quartz composite countertop. This came from Second Use in Seattle. Someone else's kitchen remodel mortgage payment becomes my freedom from a mortgage.

aaronsb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2016, 08:55 PM   #795
Bus Crazy

Year: 1989
Coachwork: 1853FC International/Navistar
Chassis: 35' Retired Air Force Ambulance
Engine: DT466, MT643
Rated Cap: 6 souls and a driver
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronsb View Post
Someone else's kitchen remodel mortgage payment becomes my freedom from a mortgage
Old 07-30-2016, 10:08 PM   #796
Mini-Skoolie

Thumbs up You're inspiring us all!

I'm another one who binge read this all. Thank you so much for documenting your process so well. The wife and I just got a similar model bus and I've already got her on board with a composter in it.

I'd been hatching an idea for days without telling anyone here at home when lo! you had already started on it. I love you for that, man. That was my exact idea; waste removable from outside, normal style bowl, electric agitator, the works. Has there been any development on that front lately? Additionally, do you have any current links to the porcelain bowl you were looking at?
BuSmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2016, 06:53 AM   #797
Skoolie

Chassis: VanHool T945
Engine: Cummins M11
Rated Cap: 47,000
On the tank monitor - holes in tanks are bad... Sensors get damaged, corroded, and it you only have a few sensors the accuracy is bad... F, Half, E...

Take a look at this, it's the strips on outside of tank - it's everything your building, but already done! Lol
It monitors to the exact percent using a calibration of full capacitance and the empty capacitance. You can even set more markers for it to calculate better for irregular size tanks.
They make one for diesel tanks too!

Just saw a bit of discussion on the tank monitors it's fun to build stuff too, so your Adrino idea is slick to get consumption rates...

https://tankedge.com/products.html
Offgr1d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2016, 07:25 AM   #798
Bus Crazy

Year: 1991
Chassis: AARE
Engine: 3116 Cat 250hp
Rated Cap: Her, me and Molly
The iSeries tank monitors are the ones I installed. They work well.

Dick
somewhereinusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2016, 01:57 PM   #799
Site Team

Thanks for the compliments. Not a lot of development on the turd box lately. Too many other things to work on that are higher priority. I just have a masking tape box lined out where it's supposed to fit down below, which is fine for now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuSmith View Post
I'm another one who binge read this all. Thank you so much for documenting your process so well. The wife and I just got a similar model bus and I've already got her on board with a composter in it.

I'd been hatching an idea for days without telling anyone here at home when lo! you had already started on it. I love you for that, man. That was my exact idea; waste removable from outside, normal style bowl, electric agitator, the works. Has there been any development on that front lately? Additionally, do you have any current links to the porcelain bowl you were looking at?
Old 08-01-2016, 02:00 PM   #800
Site Team

I like just buying things and being done with it and I am also thrifty-diy. So I have no idea which way to go.

I'll play with my copper foil and breadboards a little more before I give up, I think I can make something work for less further investment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by somewhereinusa View Post
The iSeries tank monitors are the ones I installed. They work well.

Dick