Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-02-2015, 05:33 PM   #401
Skoolie

Year: 1998
Coachwork: Blue Bird
Chassis: TC2000 Rear engine
Engine: Cummins 8.3; MD3060
Rated Cap: 84
Hey, just got an idea how to deal with your storage tank. You can have heavy duty poly bag attached to your piston/cylinder and all the poop will be pushed into this bag. You can also reduce cylinder opening to let's say 2". When bag is full you can simply pick it up and dispose.

The only problem I can see is where to dispose this bag full of poop?

Old 04-02-2015, 05:54 PM   #402
Skoolie

I love both of your engineering ideas! Just one flaw I see. You have young girls in your tribe. Their 'exit drains' for #1 &#2 are very close together. Young children also don't usually sit very far back on the seat. While that divided seat will likely work well for most adults, what are your plans when solid waste lands in section #1? You may be better without a permanent diverter. You could put a porta-potty style urinal in a hidden 'closet' for men and boys...

(I had a dry bucket toilet for two years. I know where sh** lands when the grand-darlings visited. . )

For other dry ideas- one of my favorite designs to steal from is the Thunderbox Toilet detailed in the book "The Self Sufficient Life and How To Live It" by John Seymour.
I particular like his simple venting system. <tried to add pic. Failed> will try again.
Old 04-02-2015, 06:01 PM   #403
Skoolie

Let's see if this works...
Attached Thumbnails
image.jpg  
Old 04-02-2015, 06:02 PM   #404
Bus Nut

Coachwork: Bluebird
Chassis: TC2000 RE
Engine: 8.3l Cummins
Rated Cap: 78
I remember running across a kid's seat adapter for exactly what you describe:

Separett Child Seat - Red

If the turds get in the #1 spot, I'll be scoopin' them out I suppose. I'm not really afraid of turds. We have dogs, cats, chickens, and kids right now so for me, poop is like the sun, wind, water and earth. It's just a thing. A force of nature, if you will.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SassyLass View Post
I love both of your engineering ideas! Just one flaw I see. You have young girls in your tribe. Their 'exit drains' for #1 &#2 are very close together. Young children also don't usually sit very far back on the seat. While that divided seat will likely work well for most adults, what are your plans when solid waste lands in section #1? You may be better without a permanent diverter. You could put a porta-potty style urinal in a hidden 'closet' for men and boys...

(I had a dry bucket toilet for two years. I know where sh** lands when the grand-darlings visited. . )

For other dry ideas- one of my favorite designs to steal from is the Thunderbox Toilet detailed in the book "The Self Sufficient Life and How To Live It" by John Seymour.
I particular like his simple venting system. <tried to add pic. Failed> will try again.
aaronsb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2015, 06:33 PM   #405
Skoolie

More power to you, great attitude!

Kids diverter- great idea.

Did you catch the pressure sensitive switch in that 9200 that opens the poop-chute and activates the exhaust fan? That sounds like it could be incorporated in your ideas too.
Old 04-02-2015, 06:59 PM   #406
Skoolie

I still can't get what you are going to do with your waste? As I recall my memory you can't throw poop at garbage station in Canada.

The picture above shows poop house frome vilage. We all used to have this kinda washrooms back then. I remember "braking mountains" in winter time when I was in army and i was on duty.

Right now we have dump stations which are conveniently located near parks and some gas stations have them. They will take liquid enough waste this is why black tank must have enough liquids. Thick stuff simply won't go there.....

If you live stationary in the vilage you just dig hole big enough and use it for 10 years. Are you going to dig a hole near your bus every time you park?
Old 04-02-2015, 09:02 PM   #407
Bus Nut

Year: 1988
Chassis: I.H.
Engine: DT360
Sounds like the solution in Canada is to eat more Mexican food to keep the solution more liquified. Then a dump station would be more adaptable?
HolyBus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2015, 09:04 PM   #408
Bus Nut

Here's a great video about poop on the poop.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlad View Post
I still can't get what you are going to do with your waste? As I recall my memory you can't throw poop at garbage station in Canada.

The picture above shows poop house frome vilage. We all used to have this kinda washrooms back then. I remember "braking mountains" in winter time when I was in army and i was on duty.

Right now we have dump stations which are conveniently located near parks and some gas stations have them. They will take liquid enough waste this is why black tank must have enough liquids. Thick stuff simply won't go there.....

If you live stationary in the vilage you just dig hole big enough and use it for 10 years. Are you going to dig a hole near your bus every time you park?
Old 04-03-2015, 12:34 AM   #409
Skoolie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronsb View Post
Here's a great video about poop on the poop.

I watch the video and it is ok to me... I can live with this but......

I sent the link to my wife and here is her rated answer(she originally replied in russian but I asked her to do the same in english):

.....this if freaking gross, I hope you are not putting this ugly stinky thingy in our bus. And why English, is my Russian so bad?
No seriously, you are NOT NOT NOT putting this. If you had told me that you were going to put this in our bus, I would have told you to stick it up your a**!!! I said: NO, this is NOT going into our bus. Think of something better!

I can clearly see she was pissed and perplexed....

Now you know why I will go conventional way.......
Old 04-03-2015, 02:17 AM   #410
Bus Nut

So, I just noticed that the woman in the video doesn't have any of the ventilation fans hooked up. She's just storing wet turds in a box. It MUST dry out, it's like a poo dehydrator and the reduction in moisture is what reduces the pathogen risk as well.

I don't know what she's thinking but it shouldn't be wet and sloppy. Once it's dried down with the fluff material it starts to act like damp soil, and smells like soil as well. (not poop)

The response from your wife is priceless.

Quote:

I sent the link to my wife and here is her rated answer(she originally replied in russian but I asked her to do the same in english):

.....this if freaking gross, I hope you are not putting this ugly stinky thingy in our bus. And why English, is my Russian so bad?
No seriously, you are NOT NOT NOT putting this. If you had told me that you were going to put this in our bus, I would have told you to stick it up your a**!!! I said: NO, this is NOT going into our bus. Think of something better!

Old 04-03-2015, 05:59 AM   #411
Site Team

Coachwork: ward
Chassis: international
Engine: dt360a
Rated Cap: 65
Quote:

fix her a couple stiff drinks, and ask her how she really feels! oh, and we want video!!!!!!!!!!
claydbal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2015, 06:42 AM   #412
Bus Nut

Chassis: I.H.
Engine: DT360
Tell her you were only joking with that video.
HolyBus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2015, 08:53 AM   #413
Bus Nut

Yeah, my own SWMBO nixed this idea immediately. 2 adults and 5 kids means way more maintenance for a "green" solution than something more traditional. I think those make more sense for people who plan to stay put for long periods of time. We're going to be traveling, and hitting a lot of camp sites. There are dump sites everywhere - most camp sites have one, many sites have full hookups, etc.

IMO, the moment you add dealing with shower/sink grey water to the equation, it changes some things. We almost never fill up our black water tank. I've actually looked to install a grey->black transfer pump both to help clean it and provide extra capacity. It's always the grey that fills up. Even flush toilets that use water don't use MUCH compared to even a 2-minute shower.

Some math: on a typical trip we have 35 gallons of water (all our current tank holds - definitely planning a huge tank in the Skoolie). We have 35 gallons of grey capacity and 25 gallons of black.

When we finish each trip we have used 45-50 gallons of water (I refill using a portable caddy), we have filled the grey, and the black is at about 20%.

Poop is small. A week's worth of one person's poop doesn't take the space a single gallon of water does.
taskswap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2015, 12:50 PM   #414
Skoolie

Vlad- I'm a big proponent of using a composting toilet, but i am TOTALLY with your wife on this particular model - yuck! During two years of using a bucket/sawdust toilet I didn't gag as much as I did just watching that video. I can't even imagine the smell she is dealing with, nor the experience of emptying the back side container. Gag.

That chick needs to figure out her fan. That design is not made to be used like she is using it. I see she has something plugged in, to what purpose? SMDH

I'll stick with my bucket brigade! (Though I might try a similar urine diverter set-up, with the manual lever)
Old 04-03-2015, 01:26 PM   #415
Bus Geek

Year: 1992
Chassis: TC2000 FE
Engine: 190hp 5.9 Cummins
Rated Cap: 72
Throwing human poop in the garbage is completely legal. Where do you think baby and adult diapers go?

I would ship my wife down the road before I would have some woman tell me she won't use a bucket toilet. Seriously, they are spoiled and need to come back down to reality.

I'm glad your married to them and not me.

Good luck guys.

Nat

Patently waiting for the apocalypses to level the playing field in this physiological game of life commonly known as Civilization
nat_ster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2015, 05:20 PM   #416
Skoolie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HolyBus View Post
Tell her you were only joking with that video.

I did, this was only the way to save my own life and our bus from burning it down......
Old 04-03-2015, 05:42 PM   #417
Skoolie

Quote:
Originally Posted by nat_ster View Post
Throwing human poop in the garbage is completely legal. Where do you think baby and adult diapers go?

Good luck guys.

Nat
Here is an info from our local garbage transfer station:

It might be different in different municipalities. But I don't want to be in situation when I need to drive to another state to dispose our poop.....
Old 04-03-2015, 05:52 PM   #418
Bus Geek

5% of load? Get a bigger truck

Just kidding...ugh...kind of....the Russian womenz is hott, butttt..... They can be well....you know.....crazy....I have seen the videos.

They show up, looking hott, nice sultry spy voice.....and the next thing you know is a guy named Vlad
Shows up with a tokarev or an ice pick, know what I mean?

Ugh...mmmmm....I was only joking, you know that right? Oh....oh...toilets..yes toilets....they are good and everyone is happy
bansil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2015, 05:56 PM   #419
Bus Geek

Wait! A poo dehydrator?

[Stick tounge out] you just ruined my beef jerky this weekend[end spitting noises]

Really a poo dehydrator?....wow....kinda of freaky and neat at same time.....dry poo doesn't stink

I
bansil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2015, 06:28 PM   #420
Bus Geek

Year: 1992
Chassis: TC2000 FE
Engine: 190hp 5.9 Cummins
Rated Cap: 72
For the picky lady's, there is always the incinolet incinerating toilet. Smallest of all incinerating toilets that I know of.

- I N C I N O L E T -

If you didn't have shore power, you would just have to run the generator for 20 min or what ever the burn time is.

They are $2500 here.

Nat

Patently waiting for the apocalypses to level the playing field in this physiological game of life commonly known as Civilization
nat_ster is offline   Reply With Quote