Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 06-06-2018, 09:28 PM   #21
Bus Geek
 
o1marc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Dawsonville, Ga.
Posts: 8,495
Year: 1999
Coachwork: Genesis
Chassis: International
Engine: DT466/3060
Rated Cap: 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackJohn View Post
Well, all is good then. Patience young fellow! Did you get that bike you mentioned?
And get to the airport in time this trip!
Hope this trip goes well for you and the bus performs well. Can't say I blame them for not bringing the bus to you, at least you get to check it out from a cold start and then boogey home!


John
Last trip was a mid afternoon flight. I booked this one at 7pm, so I'll be going against traffic and get there on time, have someone else me, another local guy I met on the forum here who is interested in getting one.
I'd feel a lot better if they brought it to me all warmed up with 5 hours on it. My negative mind is telling me right now that they don't want to drive it because it won't make it 5 hrs.
Bike auction is Fri., and it still looks good. So that trip to extended by 5.5 to the bus, 5.5 hrs back, and then 8 hrs west before turning east and home 2600 miles. If it were a Skoolie it would be a cool ride and I'd take my time. As a bus I just want to get it home. As it is I'l leave my cats alone for at least 5 days.
o1marc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2018, 11:53 PM   #22
Bus Nut
 
Dog Rescuer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: On the Road
Posts: 577
Year: 2000
Coachwork: BlueBird
Chassis: International 3800
Engine: 7.3L 210HP Turbo Diesel T444E
Rated Cap: 28 + 3 wheel chairs.
Where in Montana is the bus? I am about 7 hours from Twin Falls (in Helena, MT) - If you would like me to go look at the bus before you fly out.
__________________
- Roger (Dog.Rescuer)
Dog Rescuer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2018, 12:25 AM   #23
Bus Geek
 
o1marc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Dawsonville, Ga.
Posts: 8,495
Year: 1999
Coachwork: Genesis
Chassis: International
Engine: DT466/3060
Rated Cap: 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dog Rescuer View Post
Where in Montana is the bus? I am about 7 hours from Twin Falls (in Helena, MT) - If you would like me to go look at the bus before you fly out.
Just now saw where she said they are in Butte. It won't be a total wasted trip knowing that. There's got to be a n Evel Kneivel museum there to check off my bucket list. There ya go, first thing on the BL minutes after purchase.
o1marc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2018, 12:30 AM   #24
Bus Nut
 
Dog Rescuer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: On the Road
Posts: 577
Year: 2000
Coachwork: BlueBird
Chassis: International 3800
Engine: 7.3L 210HP Turbo Diesel T444E
Rated Cap: 28 + 3 wheel chairs.
I was in Butte last week - it's a little over an hour from here.
If you want me to check out the bus this weekend - I would be happy to drive down and look at the bus.
Or if you need anything while picking up the bus - let me know.

- Roger

Quote:
Originally Posted by o1marc View Post
Just now saw where she said they are in Butte. It won't be a total wasted trip knowing that. There's got to be a n Evel Kneivel museum there to check off my bucket list. There ya go, first thing on the BL minutes after purchase.
__________________
- Roger (Dog.Rescuer)
Dog Rescuer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2018, 12:49 AM   #25
Bus Geek
 
o1marc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Dawsonville, Ga.
Posts: 8,495
Year: 1999
Coachwork: Genesis
Chassis: International
Engine: DT466/3060
Rated Cap: 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dog Rescuer View Post
I was in Butte last week - it's a little over an hour from here.
If you want me to check out the bus this weekend - I would be happy to drive down and look at the bus.
Or if you need anything while picking up the bus - let me know.

- Roger
If I win the bike, I'll need help and some tools removing a few rows of seats to fit it in.

If you went this weekend you would just be putting miles on yours. I'm sure it's in good condition from the pics. Planes fares are paid, hotels room, I'm committed. You would just be telling me what a good score I got.
o1marc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2018, 02:51 PM   #26
Bus Geek
 
o1marc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Dawsonville, Ga.
Posts: 8,495
Year: 1999
Coachwork: Genesis
Chassis: International
Engine: DT466/3060
Rated Cap: 77
F**K, wasn't paying attention and realize the auction on the bike ended an hour ago, thought it was later. Winning bid was $1700. I would have gone $2K. The only reason that didn't completely ruin my day was when I saw the other 3 police bikes that had "Law Enforcement Restriction" ,and didn't sell at $1500 to other law enforcement outfits, have been stripped of the police gear and resisted at $1500. The auction is 2 days after I arrive in Id., so I'd have to hang out for a couple more days in the area looking up old buds or sight seeing in my new bus.. Wait that'll give me time to remove some seats. I have another Ace up my sleeve I'll reveal later.
o1marc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2018, 09:20 PM   #27
Bus Nut
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 267
What bike are you looking at ?
Seriousracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2018, 09:22 PM   #28
Bus Geek
 
o1marc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Dawsonville, Ga.
Posts: 8,495
Year: 1999
Coachwork: Genesis
Chassis: International
Engine: DT466/3060
Rated Cap: 77
Why do you ask, I don't want any competition bidding?
o1marc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2018, 09:32 PM   #29
Bus Geek
 
EastCoastCB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Eustis FLORIDA
Posts: 19,310
Year: 1999
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: Freighliner FS65
Engine: Cat 3126
Rated Cap: 15
I bid on a gangstered out Wide Glide last night. Didn't win but I had fun.
__________________
.
Roll Your Own Build Thread
EastCoastCB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2018, 09:33 PM   #30
Bus Geek
 
o1marc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Dawsonville, Ga.
Posts: 8,495
Year: 1999
Coachwork: Genesis
Chassis: International
Engine: DT466/3060
Rated Cap: 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastCoastCB View Post
I bid on a gangstered out Wide Glide last night. Didn't win but I had fun.
Lots of Harley's can be had cheap, just not cheap enough for me to want another one.
o1marc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2018, 09:36 PM   #31
Bus Geek
 
EastCoastCB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Eustis FLORIDA
Posts: 19,310
Year: 1999
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: Freighliner FS65
Engine: Cat 3126
Rated Cap: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by o1marc View Post
Lots of Harley's can be had cheap, just not cheap enough for me to want another one.
I remember when you had to have at least 20 grand to "play biker" on a real harley at bike week lol.
I like it that they're back to un-inflated prices. At least the used ones.

I don't really like newer stuff. I like the Evo's best. But I would have had fun on that Twin Cam DWG this summer and then sold it for a profit at the next FL biker get-together.
__________________
.
Roll Your Own Build Thread
EastCoastCB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2018, 09:47 PM   #32
Bus Nut
 
Whatthefak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: Wisconsin N.E.
Posts: 411
Year: 2000
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: Thomas
Engine: 5.9
Rated Cap: 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastCoastCB View Post
I remember when you had to have at least 20 grand to "play biker" on a real harley at bike week lol.
I like it that they're back to un-inflated prices. At least the used ones.

I don't really like newer stuff. I like the Evo's best. But I would have had fun on that Twin Cam DWG this summer and then sold it for a profit at the next FL biker get-together.
I love the quality and simplicity of the later 90s evos but they are still running a bit pricey
Whatthefak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2018, 02:49 AM   #33
Bus Geek
 
o1marc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Dawsonville, Ga.
Posts: 8,495
Year: 1999
Coachwork: Genesis
Chassis: International
Engine: DT466/3060
Rated Cap: 77
Well I finally made it to Twin Falls. Since I missed my first flight to OKC I decided to leave a tad earlier. Well I got to the airport 1-1/2hrs. early only to find the fight would be delayed due to weather by an hour, I love hanging out in airports, NOT.
So we take off and I realize my connection in SLC leaves 30 minutes after our scheduled arrival time,but we're and hour behind. Fight attenuated did a check and showed the computer was already showing that I had missed my connection and that they would probably put me up in a hotel and fly me out tomorrow.I have someone picking me up at the airport, people picking me up first thing in the morning. This messes everything up. So I'm watching the video screen of my flight and see we are arriving in SLC in 45minutes, 497miles. That's 662mph, not possible on an Airbus321 with a top speed of 541mph. About 10 minutes before touchdown the pilot notifies that they are holding the plane to Twin Falls, WOW, never seen this done and I even asked and was told NO. Well it seems Atl was not the only city with issues and there were a number of flights late. When it came to the SLC/TWF flight is a much smaller plane and half the passenger count was on the flights all coming in late at the same time. We departed 25 minutes late but made it to Twin Falls only 12 minutes late. The seller sent a car for me and are staying at the Hilton, while i'm elsewhere, pick me up at 9am and tame me 5.5 hours to the bus. This actually works out somewhat better because if they had come to get me tomorrow,I would be stuck Butte for the night. If they get there by 2:30 I can be back in Boise by dark. My friend from High School happened to be on the connector, going to visit the same friend that picked me up. So today I will officially become a bus owner.
o1marc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2018, 09:18 AM   #34
Bus Crazy
 
joeblack5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: pa
Posts: 1,521
Year: 98
Coachwork: 1. Corbeil & 2. Thomas
Chassis: 1 ford e350 2 mercedes
Engine: 7.3 powerstroke & MBE906
Wow, I hope you are right. It seems you often have a large amount of modifications in the last minute.


So lets hope that this plays out well.


Good luck
later J
joeblack5 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2018, 10:19 AM   #35
Skoolie
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: Central MN
Posts: 153
Year: 1999
Coachwork: Bluebird
Chassis: TC RE
Engine: 8.3L
The adventures continue. May all of these be without further drama!
__________________
GaryC
Gustav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 05:22 AM   #36
Bus Geek
 
o1marc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Dawsonville, Ga.
Posts: 8,495
Year: 1999
Coachwork: Genesis
Chassis: International
Engine: DT466/3060
Rated Cap: 77
Well I have to say, I am one happy camper.Picked up the bus and headed out. As soon as I fired it up and the digital read out popped up with a 5 I knew my 6th gear is still locked. But i got on the road and was able to easily do 80mph, the speed limit in Montana, which is one freaking beautiful state. I ran 3+ hours between 75-80mph. The Trans temp was 200, the water temp 210, OP 50psi., tach at 2400. Stopped for gas fill up and figured my mileage. While it will do 80, we won't be doing that much because at 77mph average I was getting 7.7mpg. After the fill up I started out again and this time put the cruise control on 71, yes, it has working cruise control. Once I maintained that the temps both dropped to 180, the tach dropped to 2k. If it had to pull a hill it would drop down to 4th and the temps would rise to 220 on the water and 225 on the trans. Rides very smooth. On this tank, though I haven't refilled yet I can see on the gauge i'm getting much better mileage if I keep it at 70, hope to see at least 10mpg. I missed a turn heading back to twin Falls and before I knew it I was in Spokane, so I decided the closest destination from there was my brother in Seattle. I just checked into the Motel6 outside Seattle only to walk into my room with the A/C on full cool and the room is about 110, and they won't do anything about it.. I had to get a room because by the time I hit Seattle the last ferry to the island would have left. He tells me I can't bring the bus on the island anyways, too cost prohibitive for the ferry and nowhere to park this big thing. I'll be looking for a Walmart near the ferry tomorrow. Post some more pics in the morning. 9 hours in it today.
o1marc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 06:29 AM   #37
Bus Geek
 
EastCoastCB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Eustis FLORIDA
Posts: 19,310
Year: 1999
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: Freighliner FS65
Engine: Cat 3126
Rated Cap: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by o1marc View Post
Well I have to say, I am one happy camper.Picked up the bus and headed out. As soon as I fired it up and the digital read out popped up with a 5 I knew my 6th gear is still locked. But i got on the road and was able to easily do 80mph, the speed limit in Montana, which is one freaking beautiful state. I ran 3+ hours between 75-80mph. The Trans temp was 200, the water temp 210, OP 50psi., tach at 2400. Stopped for gas fill up and figured my mileage. While it will do 80, we won't be doing that much because at 77mph average I was getting 7.7mpg. After the fill up I started out again and this time put the cruise control on 71, yes, it has working cruise control. Once I maintained that the temps both dropped to 180, the tach dropped to 2k. If it had to pull a hill it would drop down to 4th and the temps would rise to 220 on the water and 225 on the trans. Rides very smooth. On this tank, though I haven't refilled yet I can see on the gauge i'm getting much better mileage if I keep it at 70, hope to see at least 10mpg. I missed a turn heading back to twin Falls and before I knew it I was in Spokane, so I decided the closest destination from there was my brother in Seattle. I just checked into the Motel6 outside Seattle only to walk into my room with the A/C on full cool and the room is about 110, and they won't do anything about it.. I had to get a room because by the time I hit Seattle the last ferry to the island would have left. He tells me I can't bring the bus on the island anyways, too cost prohibitive for the ferry and nowhere to park this big thing. I'll be looking for a Walmart near the ferry tomorrow. Post some more pics in the morning. 9 hours in it today.
Congrats!

I keep telling people that factory buses can do 80!
__________________
.
Roll Your Own Build Thread
EastCoastCB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 09:14 AM   #38
Bus Nut
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 267
Quote:
Originally Posted by o1marc View Post
Why do you ask, I don't want any competition bidding?
I deal in bmw around my area.
I have in. And outs to find bikes.
Just was asking what bike you were looking for not what bike you are trying to buy. .
I have more bikes than I need.
Seriousracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 11:35 AM   #39
Bus Geek
 
o1marc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Dawsonville, Ga.
Posts: 8,495
Year: 1999
Coachwork: Genesis
Chassis: International
Engine: DT466/3060
Rated Cap: 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seriousracer View Post
I deal in bmw around my area.
I have in. And outs to find bikes.
Just was asking what bike you were looking for not what bike you are trying to buy. .
I have more bikes than I need.
Just looking for a good deal to flip, I already have bikes too. I may keep one myself because I don't have a Bimmer in the bunch.
o1marc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 12:11 PM   #40
Bus Geek
 
o1marc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Dawsonville, Ga.
Posts: 8,495
Year: 1999
Coachwork: Genesis
Chassis: International
Engine: DT466/3060
Rated Cap: 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastCoastCB View Post
Congrats!

I keep telling people that factory buses can do 80!
And here's the evidence;
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20180612_155830.jpg (129.2 KB, 56 views)
o1marc is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:01 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
×