We purchased this bus in November 2015 to convert into our mobile house. These are a few pictures that I have so far.
This is the bus before any work had been done. First days home
All the seats out and where properly disposed of.
Beginning to rip up the floor. We bought an old cast iron wood stove and man it's heavy! It will not be leaving the bus again. The spot where it is in the above photo is where it will live along with a hearth.
Ripping up the floor revealed some rust that was taken care of with ospho. Great stuff.
Using a wire brush and grinder to bust the rust. It was the worst around the wheel wells but luckily it was only surface.
Ready to prime. We used Rust Stop from the local ace here in gunnison.
Someone got carried away and forgot the tops of the wheel wells.
All done and now ready for the subfloor to go in. We have 1 inch foam board for insulation and on top of that will be 3/4 in plywood. I am 6'4 so headroom is a must. When it is all said and done with the wood floor put in I figured I will have just under a 1/2 of room before I bonk my head.