My first day off from work in seven days and it's raining cats and dogs. But I did manage to get a few interior pictures with my "real" camera.
Sometimes I wish I would have covered the cheap vinyl flooring when I sprayed the ceiling and wall insulation; I kinda like it, but now the blobs of foam have ruined it. I did, however, remember a website I had bookmarked near the beginning of this project for www.rubberflooringinc.com
. The company makes rubber "tiles" that interlock with jigsaw puzzle-like edges. Some are more appropriate for gym floors, but they do have some that are thin and tough and should hold up well to my dogs ... and anything they may leave behind. At less than $2 per square foot, it's not too expensive and the tiles are easily cut with a utility knife for custom installations.
In other news, I found a leak. When I removed the rain gutter over the entry door to pull the door hinge pin, I neglected to reinstall the gutter right away. I couldn't just re-use the screws that I had removed, so I planned to use rivets when I eventually got around to putting it back up. Well, I never did get around to it and today I found water coming in right above the door. While it's not in the wall framing, it does drip onto the top of the door where it seeps into the door itself, dripping out over the top of the window and around the edges. I'm hoping that the plywood inside the door is marine-grade so it won't immediately expand and rot, but I can't really do anything about it until it stops raining long enough for me to Gorilla tape over the gutter mounting holes. Bummer.