Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-04-2015, 10:44 PM   #541
Bus Nut

Year: 1992
Coachwork: bluebird
Rated Cap: 72
I made some queso dip yesterday and kept it on low after I melted the cheese. I ended up just keeping the bag of chips next to the burner cause I was constantly thru the nite going over and dipping. I almost moved it into the living room. I set it to shut off at 4 hours in case I forgot about it which I did. It can be set to go off after 99 hours (though why would anyone keep something on the stove for that long), but it sure will come in handy for keeping food warm for parties.

Nat, I'll check & see if any of the shopping channels ship to Canada. Now is about the time that they will start selling these again on sale.. I'll let y'all know if I see one on special.

The-Breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2015, 01:15 PM   #542
Bus Geek

Coachwork: Bluebird
Chassis: TC2000 FE
Engine: 190hp 5.9 Cummins
Quote:
Originally Posted by The-Breeze View Post

Nat, I'll check & see if any of the shopping channels ship to Canada. Now is about the time that they will start selling these again on sale.. I'll let y'all know if I see one on special.
Thanks.

If you find anything, please send me a pm.

Nat

Patently waiting for the apocalypses to level the playing field in this physiological game of life commonly known as Civilization
nat_ster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2015, 09:21 PM   #543
Bus Nut

Hsn.com has the Nuwave Pro with carrying case in red or black for 89.95 (item 408-115) with free shipping. That's $10.00 cheaper than what I paid for mine exactly a year ago.

I love the carrying case as I plan to put it away when we're moving and its padded to save the burner from damage and I can hang it somewhere safe if I choose to.

But...I don't know if they ship to Canada.

Also, this is the time of the year that if you apply for their credit card this month you will get a $20 gift card you can use right away. So you could possibly get one for $69.99 right now.

It appears to be the best deal I've seen on the Pro so far. Amazon also has one but its a little more but they will ship to Canada.

I don't know what the difference is between the previous (1300 W) and the Pro except the wattage goes higher and you can change 5 degrees vs 10 on the old version.

Its very possible that they will come up with a cheaper price since it's considered Christmas time for them. With that you can also use it till January 31, 2016 and if you don't like it send it back no questions asked.
Old 11-11-2015, 12:50 AM   #544
Bus Nut

Year: 1995
Coachwork: Bookmobile body by Farber
Chassis: International 3800
Engine: Navistar DT466/Alison MT643
Rated Cap: 1
I found the PIC Pro on Amazon for $2 less than the HSN price, and it qualifies for free shipping. Amazon also lists a Titanium PIC and the item description says this is a replacement for the PIC Pro:
Quote:
This unit replaces the PIC PRO with a new name and a sleeker look with a few engineering updates
I have no idea what "engineering updates" could warrant the much higher price tag ($138 vs $88 for the PIC Pro), but it's probably better to get the PIC Pro for less.
PDBreske is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2015, 01:12 AM   #545
Bus Geek

Year: 1999
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: Freighliner FS65
Engine: Cat 3126
Rated Cap: 15
How are you coming along these days, PDB?
EastCoastCB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2015, 10:19 AM   #546
Bus Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by EastCoastCB View Post
How are you coming along these days, PDB?
I'm doing pretty darned well, actually.

My left elbow is scheduled for surgery on December 21st, so I should get back most of the range of motion on that arm in the following weeks. That's a good date for me and the recovery from the same procedure on the right elbow wasn't too bad, so I doubt my holidays will be too adversely affected. At least it won't effect a short trip to Miami I have planned for the second week of December.

After that elbow is mostly back to normal (and let's be clear, I'll never be back to completely normal use of these joints, but it'll be better than it has been for the past year or so), then we'll start scheduling more procedures for the similarly affected finger joints on both hands.

I think most of you (the guys, I mean) will be happy to hear I have at least two photo shoots already planned for my Miami trip, with two models I've worked with in the past. Dailyn is one, and probably Yendri is another. I expect good things. I'm going to try to coordinate with some new models, as well.

Dailyn:

Yendri:
Old 11-11-2015, 10:35 AM   #547
Bus Geek

Glad to hear that you're doing well. Miami looks to be a very nice trip, I'm sure you'll be enjoying that!
Old 11-11-2015, 11:28 AM   #548

Chassis: 3800
Engine: DT408, AT545
Rated Cap: 23 500 gvw
I was saddened to hear about your accident and am glad to hear you are doing well with your recovery. I am embarrassed to say that I didn't know. I wasn't following the thread that closely. Did you track down the cause of the problem?

I will weigh in on induction cooktops. I use one everyday almost exclusively. I use it with my Lodge skillets. I stopped using my ancient cast iron because it is thinner and the heat would warp the bottoms. I also have specific pots that I use for the cooktop. I don't have a gas range and I hate electric ranges even though I use the oven. I paid about $50 for my first one that finally cracked after several years of constant use several times a day. The next one cost me about $65. I've had it for over a year now. The main problem with the two that I have bought is the steps in temp are very wide. The next one I will buy will be more expensive and have better temp control and a larger cooking circle(not sure if that is what it's called). I am a convert and wouldn't hesitate to spend more money for a better unit now that I have had several years of use. My advice to unbelievers would be to buy an inexpensive unit and try it out to see if fits your needs.

I did hook up my first one to a Kill-A-Watt see see if it used the rated wattage. It was 1500 watts but I never use it that high unless I am searing something. I haven't tried to use it through an inverter yet.

You Gotta Let Me Fly
crazycal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2015, 11:32 AM   #549

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDBreske View Post
I'm doing pretty darned well, actually.

My left elbow is scheduled for surgery on December 21st, so I should get back most of the range of motion on that arm in the following weeks. That's a good date for me and the recovery from the same procedure on the right elbow wasn't too bad, so I doubt my holidays will be too adversely affected. At least it won't effect a short trip to Miami I have planned for the second week of December.

After that elbow is mostly back to normal (and let's be clear, I'll never be back to completely normal use of these joints, but it'll be better than it has been for the past year or so), then we'll start scheduling more procedures for the similarly affected finger joints on both hands.

I think most of you (the guys, I mean) will be happy to hear I have at least two photo shoots already planned for my Miami trip, with two models I've worked with in the past. Dailyn is one, and probably Yendri is another. I expect good things. I'm going to try to coordinate with some new models, as well.

Dailyn:

Yendri:

If you every need help with any of your shoots, I'M YOUR MAN! I can hold up a white screen or sweep or something.

You Gotta Let Me Fly
Old 11-11-2015, 12:35 PM   #550
Bus Geek

Hey I'm local if you need a hand with that!
Old 11-11-2015, 12:37 PM   #551

Quote:

I offered first. What's with you always trying to butt in on my action.

You Gotta Let Me Fly
Old 11-11-2015, 05:23 PM   #552
Bus Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazycal View Post
I was saddened to hear about your accident and am glad to hear you are doing well with your recovery. I am embarrassed to say that I didn't know. I wasn't following the thread that closely. Did you track down the cause of the problem?

I will weigh in on induction cooktops. I use one everyday almost exclusively. I use it with my Lodge skillets. I stopped using my ancient cast iron because it is thinner and the heat would warp the bottoms. I also have specific pots that I use for the cooktop. I don't have a gas range and I hate electric ranges even though I use the oven. I paid about $50 for my first one that finally cracked after several years of constant use several times a day. The next one cost me about $65. I've had it for over a year now. The main problem with the two that I have bought is the steps in temp are very wide. The next one I will buy will be more expensive and have better temp control and a larger cooking circle(not sure if that is what it's called). I am a convert and wouldn't hesitate to spend more money for a better unit now that I have had several years of use. My advice to unbelievers would be to buy an inexpensive unit and try it out to see if fits your needs.

I did hook up my first one to a Kill-A-Watt see see if it used the rated wattage. It was 1500 watts but I never use it that high unless I am searing something. I haven't tried to use it through an inverter yet.
I appreciate your kind words and the induction cooking testimonial.
Old 11-11-2015, 05:26 PM   #553
Bus Nut

Quote:
If you every need help with any of your shoots, I'M YOUR MAN! I can hold up a white screen or sweep or something.
Quote:
Quote:
I offered first. What's with you always trying to butt in on my action.
Gentlemen, gentlemen! I thank you for your generous offers, but I think I can handle one or two pretty girls. At a time.
Old 11-11-2015, 07:26 PM   #554
Bus Nut

Cal...the newer Pro version is the bigger surface and temp changes from 5 +/- instead of the original 10 degree change. I never owned the original but I, like you, only use my burner for cooking even though I still have my kitchen propane stove & propane in the tank outside.

I went with HSN because I got the carry-in case and the color white (which is only available thru them). I like the lighter color cause the buttons are easier to read. Plus if you can catch it as a "todays special" the price is great and the fact that by ordering this time of year you can use it till January 31 and only pay the shipping cost, usually around $8 to send back.

>>>AND YOU BOYS.....what can I say, betting 10 to 1 y'all want to help out with the photoshoot because of Yendri.

I guess it has to do with being bottle fed vs the old way.
Old 11-11-2015, 07:38 PM   #555
Bus Geek

I like Dailyn best!
Old 11-11-2015, 08:13 PM   #556

Quote:
Originally Posted by The-Breeze View Post

>>>AND YOU BOYS.....what can I say, betting 10 to 1 y'all want to help out with the photoshoot because of Yendri.

I guess it has to do with being bottle fed vs the old way.

I agree 1000%. I like the old way best.

You Gotta Let Me Fly
Old 01-15-2016, 09:42 PM   #557
Mini-Skoolie

Wow! What a thread! I was getting so excited as I was reading this just waiting to see you cut the back half off and see a jeep mounted up there! and your ideas are sweet. Then I read the awful news about the gas leak and as I read that my jaw dropped and was just in shock! Good luck on the recovery and keep on keeping on! can't wait to see the rest of your handy work across the back end of the bus.

crazy to think at one point you thought you were gonna have the bus done in like 6 months
Pshots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2016, 10:23 PM   #558
Bus Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pshots View Post
Wow! What a thread! I was getting so excited as I was reading this just waiting to see you cut the back half off and see a jeep mounted up there! and your ideas are sweet. Then I read the awful news about the gas leak and as I read that my jaw dropped and was just in shock! Good luck on the recovery and keep on keeping on! can't wait to see the rest of your handy work across the back end of the bus.

crazy to think at one point you thought you were gonna have the bus done in like 6 months
That may have been a bit optimistic. Thanks for the kind words!
Old 01-15-2016, 10:41 PM   #559
Bus Nut

I guess I could share a few photos from my December trip to Miami.

Rayma is a friend of Yendri (unfortunately, Yendri couldn't come out to play during this trip) and I've been looking forward to shooting with her for awhile. She has a great Latina body with curves for days. Super friendly, too.

This one's probably not safe for work (it turns out a lot of them are not—she's an eager model):
Rayma at Historic Virginia Key Beach Park

And, of course, no trip to Miami would be complete without a few shots of Dailyn

For those of you in colder parts of the country, I hope the photos help keep you warm. ;)

In medical news, I had surgery on my left elbow on December 21st, a few days after I got back from Miami. I'm still in quite a bit of pain as this elbow was a bit worse to begin with, according to the surgeon. Physical therapy is ongoing (and brutal), but oxycodone helps a bunch. The elbow has a lot of instability since the surgery and that was a known risk, so I have to wear some kind of support for the next few weeks to see if the ligaments and/or tendons will regain the strength they've lost after not really being used for over a year. If not, more surgery.

In art news, I've been accepted into a show in Gainesville in April, so I'm putting together some new prints for the display. This show is supposed to be five times bigger than the Ocala event last October, so hopefully I earn a few extra bucks and meet a lot of people.
Old 01-15-2016, 10:53 PM   #560
Bus Geek

Year: 1946
Coachwork: Chevrolet/Wayne
Chassis: 1- 1/2 ton
Engine: Cummins 4BT
Excellent body warmers...thank you!
Tango is offline   Reply With Quote