Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-14-2019, 12:24 PM   #261
Bus Geek

Year: 86
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: Ford B700
Engine: 8.2
Rated Cap: 60 bodies
thanks for the info. christopher.
i had to have my son show me what you were saying?
on my computer instead of CMD i have to use the CTRL-c to copy to a save file and CTRL-v to retrieve it.
i am tech challenged and have lost some lengthy replies from being timed out some cause it takes me to long to type and get distracted in the middle or whatever.
thanks

Jolly Roger bus 223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2019, 02:09 PM   #262
Bus Geek

Year: 1999
Coachwork: Genesis
Chassis: International
Engine: DT466/3060
Rated Cap: 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by Velocipedic View Post
I just have 12ga steel walls up, so there’s nothing to sandwich. That’s what I mean by support structure. I could go with steel and put in some wide windows or use a wooden framework attached to the steel ribs. And remain constrained in width and height to some degree. I’m leaning strongly toward the latter.
Will you have no "wall" material covering the outer skin inside? Once I had a finished interior wall, the hole was cut and the window sandwiched between. I had framed with metal ,but it wasn't absolutely necessary.
o1marc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2019, 01:01 AM   #263
Skoolie

Year: 1992
Coachwork: Ward Senator
Engine: 7.3
Rated Cap: 78
Right now while I have insulated the ceiling I have held off on insulating the walls. It’s expensive to do the whole bus so I was going to wait for the walls.

There’s the steel and then I’ve got the bus’ steel hat channel. I haven’t added a wooden or metal framework for windows, so I have nothing to sandwich. It’s a dilemma to do a wood frame, reframe entire sections for bigger windows with extensive welding projects, or just insulate and leave a “no-window” wall. Primarily I wanted to see how much space my furniture and interior took up before cutting any steel. I’m happy I’ve waited this long at least.

Photo Album updated weekly: https://thederelictebus.com/photo-gallery/
Velocipedic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2019, 10:11 AM   #264
Skoolie

Year: 1992
Coachwork: Ward Senator
Engine: 7.3
Rated Cap: 78
Front Ceiling Completion, Electrical, Bathroom Planning

Hey guys, it has been a while, so I figured that I'd chime in here. I've been working on the bus a lot now that the temperature has dropped in Texas (finally!). Here's an update from the past month. I condensed it from my blog for skoolie.net The Derelicte Bus: Project Update

I've finished the front ceiling and added electrical components.

Here are the lights I used. I bought them on Amazon for pretty cheap and I'm really happy with them.

Amazon

I started (and finished) the ceiling for the front entranceway and I am working on the doghouse cover now.

My girlfriend and I built the kitchen countertop using leftover wooden floorboards from the gym floor I installed about a year ago.

I also designed/built a floating bedframe for a buddy who had his mattress just laying on the floor.

I added a shelf above the kitchen counter to get some of my stuff off of the floor in the bus. I'm currently using it for tools so that I can use the other flat spaces for wood.

I started the planning for the bathroom and will be using the same ceiling material, but the wood will be sealed using deck-stain materials and the ceiling will be waterproofed using 15lb tar paper. I want to make sure that any moisture in the bathroom stays in the bathroom in order to protect the wood that is elsewhere in the bus. The floors will be covered in penny tile and the walls will be white subway tile. In the meantime, I'm working on the murphy bed/shelving in the bedroom and I'm building the hearth for the upcoming cold months.

I'm always happy to answer questions!

Photo Album updated weekly: https://thederelictebus.com/photo-gallery/
Velocipedic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2020, 08:58 PM   #265
Bus Geek

Year: 2003
Coachwork: International
Chassis: CE 300
Engine: DT466e
Rated Cap: 65C-43A
Hey, how has your pedestal washer been working out for you? I ran into one for sale on Craigslist and I'm wondering how they work out for people generally.
Old 04-20-2020, 12:39 AM   #266
Bus Geek

Year: 2002
Coachwork: Thomas Built Bus
Chassis: Freightliner FS65
Engine: Caterpillar 3126E Diesel
Rated Cap: 71 Passenger- 30,000 lbs.
LG Sidekick

Quote:
Originally Posted by musigenesis View Post
Hey, how has your pedestal washer been working out for you? I ran into one for sale on Craigslist and I'm wondering how they work out for people generally.
We are also interested in how the LG Sidekick performs. We have one that we got off CraigsList (for free!!!) and have notgot to the buildout, yet. We'd like to know if it is going in the bus or the house.
Native is offline   Reply With Quote