Last week my twin three year olds were left unsupervised in the project a little too long, and one of them picked up the bottle of air tool oil and spilled some on the floor. I spread wood shavings over the mess to soak it up. In addition to that there is all kinds of dirt on the floor that fell out of the walls, plus a thousand rivet heads, etc etc. I've been delaying sweeping until after the ceiling is dismantled so I wouldn't have to do it twice (it's soooo much work, right?). This becomes relevant later..
Last night I got to work on the roof. I was more than a little disheartened to find that the ceiling is held with steel rivets instead of aluminum, and these don't shear off nearly so nicely. Don't get me wrong; it was doable -- but I'm impatient. I've been wondering for a long time what the plasma cutter would do to rivet heads and I finally found out. It was fantastic. It took about an hour to burn the heads off all of them.
OK, yes, I wear my idiot badge with honor. It wasn't very smart to run the plasma cutter over the oily wood shavings (look closely at the shavings in the middle of the aisle). But all's well that ends well, perhaps, and the work did end well last night.