Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-03-2013, 09:44 PM   #41
Mini-Skoolie

Year: 1994
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: Oshkosh
Engine: Cummins 5.9 Liter Turbo
Rated Cap: 87
Re: The Freedom Bus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel Dan
Hi Michael, I must have missed this thread when you started it in 2011. Cool to see another Austinite bus freak on the forum. I like the tie dye motif. Freedom bus indeed! Hope you are staying warm - its getting cold here at night! I've been sleeping in my bus for the past couple of weeks and use two electric space heaters on the low setting (one in the living room and one in the bunk room) plus a vaporizer. When it gets down to 30-35 degrees my bus is about 60 degrees inside. We have down sleeping bags as blankets and it is very comfortable for sleeping though a bit chilly when getting up in the morning.
Hey Dan, yes,I'm staying warm using a Mr. Heater Portable Buddy heater in the front by the door & then another in my bedroom. I have an extra propane hose in the living room so that I can move my second heater up front on really cold nights & mornings. I also use an electric blanket when I'm going to sleep.

Freedom_Bus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 09:41 PM   #42
Mini-Skoolie

Year: 1994
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: Oshkosh
Engine: Cummins 5.9 Liter Turbo
Rated Cap: 87
Re: The Freedom Bus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Booger1k
Michael...what is you reasoning behind using the 750 watt titanium heater in your tank for hot water. Adding up the cost of the heater & the thermostat seems equivalent to installing a small tank/tankless water heater. Are you just saving valuable cargo space?
My hot water setup only cost me $150 & I only turn it on when I plan to take a shower. I didn't see any hot water heaters that were anywhere near $150.
Freedom_Bus is offline   Reply With Quote