I was hoping to finish removing the outside covers for the window U channel. But mother nature had other plans so it was raining. So indoors I go to do some fabricating.
I spent the day creating the roof raising mechanism. I'm going to put a lot of detail here, so if you are not a detail kind of person, you can skip all of this. For those who like details, well here you go.
The part that will support the ram will be bolted through the existing two holes that hold the window holders. The support is 2" x 1 1/2" x 14 ga cut to 24" long. The bolt holes on my bus are 20 1/8" apart on center. I'm drilling the bottom hole 1 1/2" from the end, this will put the other hole about 2 3/8" from the top. Always measure from the same end, the tubing length could be off a little. I'm drilling a 3/8" hole for the bolts, then drilling a 1" hole to allow my socket to fit to tighten the bolt. The bolts I'm using are 5/16" x 4"
This time I remembered to use my center punch, and dug my drill press out of storage.
Threaded rod will be used to lift the roof. I got 5/8" 11 x 36". I picked up two and will cut them in half, this will give me 18" to raise with.
I put nuts around where I will cut the rod so I can clean up the threads when done.