I'm having a hard time getting the pieces for the roof to line up. I finally decided that it does not have to be perfect, just close.
The old roof steel on the drivers side was not pull down tight to the support, so it puckers. I could not clamp it down when I was riveting it with the new straps.
I drilled out the two next to the pucker to help make it not so noticeably.
On a side note after climbing the short ladder and clambering over the front of my bus to get on the roof. I noticed that porkchopsandwiches was climbing through the emergency hatch. Duh.
Now my ladder isn't too short.
The area of the roof that puckers pushes the front piece about 1.5" out of alignment. I cut back into that area to bring the front piece back into alignment.
I was able to now weld the front piece in, Here you can see where the ol roof puckers up.
Hopefully I can hide most of it with the magic of body filler.
Now I can start on the fun pieces, the side panels. I added some extra cardboard to my old template and made a new template.
Used it to mark the steel and cut with my jig saw. Then I marked 1/2" lines parallel to the edge and scored it with my grinder. The place where I buy my sheet metal suggested this approach.
I found a place on the ground that had a nice slope and used it to form the curve.
It worked really well. Now everything is welded together.
The template is close to being the same on the passenger side. I will have to make some minor adjustments and I can do the same.