Hey Tango, your idea worked. I don't have a torch on hand so I used my heat gun. It work good.
I was hoping to get the front done today.
It just keeps dragging on. I only got one side finished.
I need to cut away the excess steel and weld the frame back together.
Here is the steel cut away, I thought I took a photo of it welded too. After I welded the frame back together, I finished welding the side piece on. I also ground down the old welds and re-welded them. Then I riveted in the last of the side panels. Five hrs of work and only one side done.
I sealed all the seams with Sikaflex 221. This stuff is sticky when applying and stays flexible after it cures. Im going to prime and paint as is for now and watch it over the winter as I drive it around to see if any of my welds break. They I will fix them and do the body work in the spring, to make it pretty.