Went out to the bus this evening expecting a nice dry bus after the rain. I walked in to a nice wet floor right in the front middle. I looked up and said dang, I remove the vent and did not cover the hole.
That was the first thing I tackeled. Cut a piece of the 16 GA I had, drilled, primed and riveted it down with some butyl tape to seal it.
Now it shouldn't leak.
I took the tarp off the back and measured for the side straps. They will be 50" x 4"
I case some of you want to know why I'm going to the trouble of riveting a strap all the way across the roof. It just happens both places where I cut the roof, it is not attached. I figured it would be best before I weld to it to attach it to the supports.
I got both side pieces cut and the passenger side drilled before I had to start cleaning up. It gets dark to early and next week it will be worse.
That looks awesome. If the body filler doesn't work to fill the gaps, try urethane based seam sealer. I bought some of it from amazon (they also sell it at autozone) and it comes in a caulk tube. It cures but stays flexible and is crazy strong, made by 3m and is used for sealing panel gaps underneath cars. I'm using it to seal some gaps in the floor and the holes where the seat bolts were.